Finished a New Build, a Jerrycaster 'Slurpy Lizard'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished a New Build, a Jerrycaster 'Slurpy Lizard'

Well, can't 'really' be a Jerrycaster with no middle pickup, ...but I'm not 'really' a Dead fanatic either...

Finished it today.
    DiMarzio PAF Pro in the bridge, and a Vintage Vibe CC mini in the neck.
    Flamed Myrtle top and back, Mahogany core (tho it's pretty much hollow actually)
    Passive volume and tone controls coupled onto EMG SPC and EXG pots.

Looks really nice. You did all the woodwork and finish?

An Alembic is on my bucket list, or even a really good knock-off custom of one.

Comment

Other than the neck being a Warmoth (tho I re-configured the headstock shape and veneered it)

Yep. And Thanks!

Comment

What are the 2 different-colored knobs for? What a unique custom project!
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thanks!
          The gold knobs are (passive) 500k volume and 250k tone knobs.
          The black knobs are the EMG EXG and SPC pots.

When I use the active EMG pots, I like to keep the pickups somewhere in the 'medium heat' range.
          So the EXG can lean them into clean and give them that 'piano shimmer/sparkle', and the SPC can lean them into that fat mids 'heat'.
          If the pickups are one extreme or the other, you lose some of the versatility of the EMG pots.
          I never use them together, if one's being used, the other is completely off, and vice-versa.
          The VV CC is 7.2k, the PAF Pro, is, I think 8.4k, with a little bit of that DiMarzio awww, but not overbearing.

Comment

A very cool unique circuit! Congrats on one awesome instrument!
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

The guitar color is sweet. The way it blends with your yard is even sweeter. I wanna come hang out on your deck.

Comment

love it! dont often see that shape without someone going full jerry. nice touch with the active eq controls. ive always loved the spc, especially with brighter pups

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                  The guitar color is sweet. The way it blends with your yard is even sweeter. I wanna come hang out on your deck.
                  You better bring a large cache of cherries and peanuts to bribe the squirrels then, they're the 'Overlords' of the back deck .
                  But it was a perfect day outside yesterday, I'll give you that.

Comment

Looks great!
                    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Slick guitar. And very, very pretty.
                      Bet that neck pickup is super clear.

I like Vintage Vibe pickups; have a couple of his humbuckers and an SP-90 Strat set.
                      Always wanted a CC neck from Pete, to put in a Tele.

The SPC and EXG are underrated, cool and versatile combination.
                      Never even realized those could be used with passive pickups - I've had mine since they first came out.
                      "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post
                        Slick guitar. And very, very pretty.
                        Bet that neck pickup is super clear.

I like Vintage Vibe pickups; have a couple of his humbuckers and an SP-90 Strat set.
                        Always wanted a CC neck from Pete, to put in a Tele.

The SPC and EXG are underrated, cool and versatile combination.
                        Never even realized those could be used with passive pickups - I've had mine since they first came out.
                        Thanks!
                        I also have several other Vintage Vibe pickups, he's one of my faves in that business.
                        What I wound up putting in the neck is the bridge CC (7.3k) which had a little more meat on the bones.
                        The neck version (6.3k) I did try first, and was too clear, too clean.
                        The bridge matches up far better with the PAF Pro, wound up being a great match.

Comment

Awesome looking guitar and I bet it sounds amazing. Is that a screw or is it strap pin sticking out that neck joint? I mean in the picture from the back?

Comment

i assume its the strap button

Comment

Originally posted by Lovegun View Post
                              Awesome looking guitar and I bet it sounds amazing.
                              Is that a screw or is it strap pin sticking out that neck joint?
                              I mean in the picture from the back?
                              Thanks!
                              Yeah, that's the strap button, a trick I learned a long time ago.
                              I'm OK with Tele's and LP's where the upper button is located.
                              But anything other than those, it bugs the **** out of me, it moves the placement of the guitar where I don't like it to be.
                              So I learned to place it at the neck heel with a longer screw and it always works out great there.

Comment

Working...
                              X