Custom metal guitar headstock logos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom metal guitar headstock logos?

Who has made or commissioned a custom headstock logo? I’ve got a couple of warmoth guitars that would look better with a headstock logo but I don’t want to make them fake Fenders or Jacksons. Has anyone done something other than a screen printed waterslide? Let see them!
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

I've seen them on Squeebay and Treeverb.
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Printer onto paper

packing tape over print

Trim

Soak in WARM water

Rub gently to remove paper

Wet headstock face

Slide into place

Dab dry with towel

EHD
      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I use the metallic Warmoth logos on mine. I use a silver on my Strat and a black one on my current Velocity.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

There are places that make custom metal badges for cases and/or amps.
          Usually they're engraved/painted on a plate, but somebody might cut you a script type logo.
          Especially if you ordered a few of 'em.
          "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

I found this online, this is kind of what I am thinking.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DCE5B98A-EE99-48F6-987E-0E3FB73B138B.jpeg
Views:	224
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	6089095
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
              Printer onto paper

That's interesting! I have seen the adhesive on some packing tapes degrade printer ink. UV exposure is another potential concern, but putting a proper finish over the decal would probably help significantly.

OP, I wish I knew of a place to get custom metal logos made. I've been in love with them since I got my first '80s Ibanez Maxxas. I'd love to get a custom one for my guitars, so let me know if you figure something out!

I imagine they were stamped traditionally. Laser cutting is another option, but chroming the fine parts afterward would be my concern. I'm sure it can be done.

Perhaps reach out to Warmoth and inquire about who makes their metal decals for them?

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
                OP, I wish I knew of a place to get custom metal logos made. I've been in love with them since I got my first '80s Ibanez Maxxas. I'd love to get a custom one for my guitars, so let me know if you figure something out!

I imagine they were stamped traditionally. Laser cutting is another option, but chroming the fine parts afterward would be my concern. I'm sure it can be done.

Perhaps reach out to Warmoth and inquire about who makes their metal decals for them?
                That’s a good idea. I figure a custom one would be laser cut from a sheet of brass or stainless steel.
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Seems like a foil would work
                  EHD

Comment

Yah, good call Ehdwuld.

If the 3D aspect isn't crucial, plenty of eBay sellers can produce a custom foil logo.
                    "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Would you do your signature or something else?
                      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

It's hard to tell in pics, this is a brushed metal vinyl decal that my wife made. It looks and reacts to light like brushed aluminum.

I'm sure she'd be willing to make something for you if you want. We can see how it turns out and if you like it or not. Just let me know. She does all kinds of design stuff for different things.
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Snapchat-860499603.jpg Views:	3 Size:	30.0 KB ID:	6089423
                        Last edited by v8stang289; 06-19-2021, 05:09 PM.
                        "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" -Mario Andretti

"Cuz we both know I'm just a lost cause, a wannabe poet with a cheap guitar, begging for applause"

Comment

That's really clean!

Regular chrome vinyl might be a good option!

Comment

Make a tape stencil
                            use chrome spray paint
                            EHD

Comment

Here's a slightly better pic

Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapchat-1556215317.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	6089449
                              "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" -Mario Andretti

"Cuz we both know I'm just a lost cause, a wannabe poet with a cheap guitar, begging for applause"

Comment

Working...
                              X