• ehdwuld
    replied
    Make a tape stencil
    use chrome spray paint

Leave a comment:

• Masta' C
    replied
    That's really clean!

Regular chrome vinyl might be a good option!

Leave a comment:

• v8stang289
    replied
    It's hard to tell in pics, this is a brushed metal vinyl decal that my wife made. It looks and reacts to light like brushed aluminum.

I'm sure she'd be willing to make something for you if you want. We can see how it turns out and if you like it or not. Just let me know. She does all kinds of design stuff for different things.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Snapchat-860499603.jpg Views:	3 Size:	30.0 KB ID:	6089423
    Last edited by v8stang289; 06-19-2021, 05:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied
    Would you do your signature or something else?

Leave a comment:

• eclecticsynergy
    replied
    Yah, good call Ehdwuld.

If the 3D aspect isn't crucial, plenty of eBay sellers can produce a custom foil logo.

Leave a comment:

• ehdwuld
    replied
    Seems like a foil would work

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied
    Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
    OP, I wish I knew of a place to get custom metal logos made. I've been in love with them since I got my first '80s Ibanez Maxxas. I'd love to get a custom one for my guitars, so let me know if you figure something out!

I imagine they were stamped traditionally. Laser cutting is another option, but chroming the fine parts afterward would be my concern. I'm sure it can be done.

Perhaps reach out to Warmoth and inquire about who makes their metal decals for them?
    That’s a good idea. I figure a custom one would be laser cut from a sheet of brass or stainless steel.

Leave a comment:

• Masta' C
    replied
    Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
    Printer onto paper

That's interesting! I have seen the adhesive on some packing tapes degrade printer ink. UV exposure is another potential concern, but putting a proper finish over the decal would probably help significantly.

OP, I wish I knew of a place to get custom metal logos made. I've been in love with them since I got my first '80s Ibanez Maxxas. I'd love to get a custom one for my guitars, so let me know if you figure something out!

I imagine they were stamped traditionally. Laser cutting is another option, but chroming the fine parts afterward would be my concern. I'm sure it can be done.

Perhaps reach out to Warmoth and inquire about who makes their metal decals for them?

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied
    I found this online, this is kind of what I am thinking.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DCE5B98A-EE99-48F6-987E-0E3FB73B138B.jpeg
Views:	228
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	6089095

Leave a comment:

• eclecticsynergy
    replied
    There are places that make custom metal badges for cases and/or amps.
    Usually they're engraved/painted on a plate, but somebody might cut you a script type logo.
    Especially if you ordered a few of 'em.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    I use the metallic Warmoth logos on mine. I use a silver on my Strat and a black one on my current Velocity.

Leave a comment:

• ehdwuld
    replied
    Printer onto paper

packing tape over print

Trim

Soak in WARM water

Rub gently to remove paper

Wet headstock face

Slide into place

Dab dry with towel

Leave a comment:

• ICTGoober
    replied
    I've seen them on Squeebay and Treeverb.

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    started a topic Custom metal guitar headstock logos?

Custom metal guitar headstock logos?

Who has made or commissioned a custom headstock logo? I’ve got a couple of warmoth guitars that would look better with a headstock logo but I don’t want to make them fake Fenders or Jacksons. Has anyone done something other than a screen printed waterslide? Let see them!
Working...
X