Desert Island Fender guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desert Island Fender guitar

Let's just limit this to a Stratocaster versus Telecaster battle. You must choose one or the other, and you can't have both. Which way do you go and why?

(Okay, the desert island thing was a stretch, so feel free to ignore that part of it.)

if i can have a firebird pup in the neck of the tele, ill take that. if not, a strat.

Comment

When I saw the thread title my first thought was 'a Jazzmaster', but then I wanted to redo the electronics, swap the bridge, etc...

Since I feel like being a bit contrary, how about a G&L Doheny with a 22-fret neck, P-Rails, and Triple Shot rings?

If that's absolutely verboten, I'll just keep my Tele with Hot Stack for Tele / Classic Stack Plus for Strat / SM-1n Firebird.
      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
      And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Telecaster. Bridge can twang or get into humbucker territory just rolling the tone knob. A good neck pickup can handle Strat-ish needs, and even some jazzy humbuckery stuff. I played country, rock, blues, pop, funk, hard rock, etc. with just one Tele for over 10 years.

Comment

The Tele sounds beefier which I like. The Strat body is more comfortable except for the knob placement. So I guess give me a Tele that I can put a sander to to round out those body edges.

I also think Strats sound better in a mix than solo. So for that reason alone, give me a Tele on the desert island because you know I'm not playing with others out there.
          Last edited by alex1fly; 06-18-2021, 02:03 PM.
          Originally posted by crusty philtrum
          Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
          http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

HSS Strat. If I updated my Elite with a Custom/59 Hybrid, and two Classic Stack Plus pickups would probably be my guitar.
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Easy, a Strat with my choice of pickups...HH.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

My HSH Strat with the P-Rails - Bill Lawrence 250 ML - Pearly Gates with all of the coil-tapping and phase switches that guitar has I would be all set.

Comment

HSS Strat

I'll take my Lonestar
                  Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Tele with a 4-way switch.
                    "I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Strat. And I'd even be happy with my budget Affinity.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

A Les Paul lol

Telecaster for sure
                        My Bands -
                        https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                        www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                        www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                        GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

A HSS Strat, no question.

Comment

Jazzmaster
                            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Strat.

Comfort, sound variety and bridge.
                              You can easily block or deck the trem on a strat, but it's not so easy to go other way with a tele.
                              I go through phases of trem use, but would miss it if I was stuck with a single hard-tail guitar.

Comment

Working...
                              X