No announcement yet.

Desert Island Fender guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we're talking only traditional, off-the-shelf models without custom features, then Strat all the way.

If we're talking something like a Warmoth style build, artist signature, or Custom Shop, where things like body contours and pickups can be customized, then I'd go Tele.

As you can see from most of the posts so far, you'll have to be more specific in what you're asking. A Fender Strat and an Ibanez RG can practically be made identical if customizations are allowed. However, if we're limited to 1950's design specs, then that probably affects the decision for most of us.
    Last edited by Masta' C; 06-19-2021, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Given the OP title, I think we're limited to Fender.

Comment

Originally posted by playas View Post
        Strat.

Comfort, sound variety and bridge.
        You can easily block or deck the trem on a strat, but it's not so easy to go other way with a tele.
        I go through phases of trem use, but would miss it if I was stuck with a single hard-tail guitar.
        I’m kind of surprised how many of my guitars have Trem systems. From 6 screw through to floyd, there are a lot.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

HSH Stratocaster. I'll move my P-Rails/Triple Shots from my LP to my Strat. I will go with a STK-S6 Custom Stack in the middle.

Why? The tonal variety is off the charts.

If you force me to total stock, I'm taking my HM Strat.
          I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
            Given the OP title, I think we're limited to Fender.
            Given his first post, we're limited to Strats and Teles. Yup, turns out I can read.

My point was that the term "Strat" or "Tele" is generic and potentially too broad to be meaningful in terms of preferring one to the other.

I mentioned the Ibanez as a spec-wise comparison to show how far from a "traditional" Strat you can push the "Strat" concept and still have a "Fender Strat", not suggesting that the Ibanez was a viable option in this case.

It's ultimately a body shape preference, I guess. I mean, dual high-output humbuckers, jumbo frets, and flatter fretboard radius are far from the classic or traditional Strat concept, but are things you can get from Fender under the "Strat" moniker...
            Last edited by Masta' C; 06-20-2021, 01:47 AM.

Comment

I'd take a Tele. Strats are cool, I just prefer the simplicity of the Telecaster.

& if I'm afforded a few mods, it would be my Cabronita

Comment

Bruce was right. I just didn't know it when he posted.

Comment

I always liked the Big Apple Strats, or the 80s Japan Contemporary Series.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                  X