Sterling Albert Lee Wiring Diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another wiring color substitution:

The red wire in the diagram coming fron the 5 way switch to the volume pot = use the white wire you have coming off your volume pot. This assumes that the connection btw your volume pot and the 5 way switch closely matches the Music Man diagram.

And assuming the wiring of your volume pot and tone pots closely matches the Music Man diagram and they seemed to be working without issue, you do NOT need to rewire your tone or volume pots to match the replacement diagram i just provided.

The purpose of the placement diagram is specifically for conect the wires fron each pickup to the 5 way switch. The rest of your existing wiring should be fine. However, you should also be fine if you did want to rewire your volume pot and tone pot to match the replacement diagram, but it should not be necessary.
    Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

I wonder why these diagrams are so different than mine, and I have the same thing. I guess there are many ways to accomplish this.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_TriPpEr View Post
        Another wiring color substitution:

The red wire in the diagram coming fron the 5 way switch to the volume pot = use the white wire you have coming off your volume pot. This assumes that the connection btw your volume pot and the 5 way switch closely matches the Music Man diagram.

And assuming the wiring of your volume pot and tone pots closely matches the Music Man diagram and they seemed to be working without issue, you do NOT need to rewire your tone or volume pots to match the replacement diagram i just provided.

The purpose of the placement diagram is specifically for conect the wires fron each pickup to the 5 way switch. The rest of your existing wiring should be fine. However, you should also be fine if you did want to rewire your volume pot and tone pot to match the replacement diagram, but it should not be necessary.
        Thank you so much for the help Jack. I wired the pickups and the switch jumpers according your diagram and making the color substitution. It all works as it should now.
        I marked up your drawing to include the color code change. I added info on the guitar model and the pickup numbers. I thought I'd post it here in case this helps someone else in the future. I greatly appreciate everyone's effort to help this old noob. Now, the guitar sounds as good as it plays and looks! Click image for larger version

Name:	Sterling AL40 Wiring Diagram-Final.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	6093358
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MikeWiles View Post

Thank you so much for the help Jack. I wired the pickups and the switch jumpers according your diagram and making the color substitution. It all works as it should now.
          I marked up your drawing to include the color code change. I added info on the guitar model and the pickup numbers. I thought I'd post it here in case this helps someone else in the future. I greatly appreciate everyone's effort to help this old noob. Now, the guitar sounds as good as it plays and looks! Click image for larger version

Name:	Sterling AL40 Wiring Diagram-Final.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	6093358
          Great to hear, Mike!

Thanks for keeping "the next guy" in mind! Very admirable! Thanks for contributing to the community here!

Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Working...
          X