banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD: It's Officially Mine! (Les Paul Content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: It's Officially Mine! (Les Paul Content)

Somewhere back around 2014 or so, I asked a buddy of mine (whom I was in a band with for a long time) if I could borrow his Les Paul Traditional Pro. It's a 2009 model. He's got several other Les Pauls and had tossed the idea around of selling it but I wasn't gonna let that happen until I could buy it. He knew I wanted it so all good. Well, with the sale of our house, and having some left over after taking care of other financials and moving in to the new house, I was able to make it officially mine. Being a good friend for a long time, he gave me a sweet deal. The BB3 got swapped out for a Super Distortion originally last year but after a gig in October, I decided to put a Custom Custom in there. Perfection! The neck pick up is the stock '57 Classic with the tone control disconnected. I much prefer plain tops and this burst finish reminds me of Ace Frehley's Les Paul in the early KISS years.

Looks great!!
    ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
    2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
    Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

Congrats!
      Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Very nice! Just add smoke bomb and bottle rocket, sold separately.

Comment

Man, that looks like some sweet 70s riffs are about to happen at any moment....

Comment

yeah it is a beauty! nice score
            My Bands -
            https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
            www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
            www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
            GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Sweet. What's the advantage of disconnecting the neck tone pot?

Comment

It definitely has that early Ace vibe! Now I'm feeling like I should have got a new Les Paul yesterday.
                I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

That is beautiful I have a Traditional from 2011. I hope yours brings you as much joy as mine has brought me.

Comment

Cool!

Now put that SuperD back in it!!!!!
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                      Sweet. What's the advantage of disconnecting the neck tone pot?
                      A little top end is added back in, like adding presence.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                        Cool!

Now put that SuperD back in it!!!!!
                        LOL Not happening. I use this with the Journey Tribute band and well, it calls for a Custom Custom.

Comment

Thanks, all. When I thought back to when I asked him about "borrowing" it, I can't believe it was that long ago. He knows where it's been and that I've been playing it. It's been getting a lot of play time with my current band.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post

A little top end is added back in, like adding presence.
                            It's about time that they offer no load 500k tone pots.
                            I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Way to go...I too prefer plain tops...you did great!
                              1988 Fender MIJ ST54 Hardtail Stratocaster w/SD JB Jr
                              2005 Edwards E-JR-100LTD/DC w/Gibson P90
                              2012 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Mahogany Satin
                              2015 Fender Road Worn '50s Stratocaster w/SD JB Jr
                              2018 Gibson Limited Edition Les Paul Junior
                              -------
                              1979 Marshall JMP 2204
                              1997 Marshall JCM 2000 DSL100
                              2021 Epic Amplification AR50
                              2022 Mojotone British 800 2204​

Comment

Working...
                              X