banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schecter guys...Sun Valley or Hellraiser C1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10-46 slinky is what they use stock. On mine I went to turbo-slinky at Eb tuning. (9.5-46)
    That's about as low as I prefer with full-mahogany guitars, as they tend IMO to get boomy and loose with super big strings tuned low.

Those are great inlays huh? I normally am not one for inlays at all, but these I love, not to mention the glowing side-dots!

Comment

Glowing? I didn't even notice, lol. Sounds neato. Yes, like the inlays a lot. Played it a little last night, but had to keep the amp low as it was around 11. Didn't like the tone, but I hadn't set it up yet. When I really dug in, found out I did NOT like the action at all, and the strings were pretty high. Got a project to do today with patio furniture so I'll probably swap out the strings, set it up, crank the amp tomorrow. Have very high hopes for this.
      My songs....enjoy! (hopefully )

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=652921
      or for older stuff too, but slower downloads
      http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=301569&T=7414

Originally posted by DankStar
      700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.

Comment

Of course it has to sit out in the light for awhile to charge-up the glowing side dots, but then when the lights go out they are nice and bright.

Comment

Mmm...not gelling with this guitar. The sustainiac seems to work on some notes, not on others. I set it up and to get the action anywhere I like it, it buzzes like crazy. Giving it a few more days to settle and will start adjusting the truss a little. Moved the pickups as close to the strings as Seymour teaches and hopefully that solves the tone issue. It soubnded kind of weak and thin on the bridge. Actually thought the neck sounded pretty good. It's no Jazz, but it works for what I need. For the momey, if I can't get it the way I like it, I'm going to return it. Sad to say but my $280 Jackson RR plays and sounds better. Of course, that has a C8 bridge and CC neck, but the Schecter should still sound great for the money. I may have just gotten the occasional dog as my buddy has a Schecter V that plays and sounds fantastic.

700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.

Comment

Aren't Schecters and LTDs basically the same guitars but with slightly different neck profiles and pups? I think they're made in the same factories anyway. Might want to check those out if you're unhappy with the Schecter.
            --------------------------------------------------------
            1973 Aria 551
            1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
            1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
            1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
            1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
            1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
            2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

There wasn't anything I didn't adjust on mine, but that goes for just about every guitar I've ever bought. I never use the stock E-standard setup anyway, so for me it's no extra hassle.

IME factories almost always end-up getting the action too low and the pickups too close, at least for my preferences. Ibanez has been an exception to that for me, as they usually have great setup people. (in Japan specifically)

After 30yrs of using only OFR-loaded guitars it's never a problem to dial-in my own setup and pickup adjustments. Dialing them in for anyone else might not be as easy lol.
              Last edited by dave74; 07-12-2021, 05:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 75lespaul View Post
                Mmm...not gelling with this guitar. The sustainiac seems to work on some notes, not on others. I set it up and to get the action anywhere I like it, it buzzes like crazy. Giving it a few more days to settle and will start adjusting the truss a little. Moved the pickups as close to the strings as Seymour teaches and hopefully that solves the tone issue. It soubnded kind of weak and thin on the bridge. Actually thought the neck sounded pretty good. It's no Jazz, but it works for what I need. For the momey, if I can't get it the way I like it, I'm going to return it. Sad to say but my $280 Jackson RR plays and sounds better. Of course, that has a C8 bridge and CC neck, but the Schecter should still sound great for the money. I may have just gotten the occasional dog as my buddy has a Schecter V that plays and sounds fantastic.
                Is this a Korean guitar? I recently bought a LTD M1000 and it needed some spot leveling to get the playing where I like it. I don't think they leveled it from the factory.

The cheaper Indonesian M400 played better as it was leveled.

If you don't like the tone or the function of the sustainiac, just return it. Most fret issues can be solved by a luthier. Life too short to be bummed about an expensive purchase. Just wanted to let you know that K factory is skipping the leveling process IMO. And it was the second new K guitar I got with suspect frets (first returned), so there seems to be a pattern.

Comment

Yes, Korean. I'm returning it. I spent a lot of time doing everything I do to all my guitars except a pickup swap. The Floyd is fine, just something about the buzzing so yeah, it probably needs a fret leveling, and a few other things. For the kind of money I paid, I kind of wanted it to be kick butt with a minimum of modifying. I guess I wanted too much. If this were a five or six hundred dollar guitar, I would probably return it and get another because I did like the sustainiac when it worked. Just don't want the hassle with that kind of money. I took a shot, didn't work. Life goes on, lol.

Comment

Yeah you definitely should not have to level your own frets when paying that much. IMO anything even close to a grand should be ready to play upon arrival.

Comment

Working...
                    X