Orpheo Guitars: Guitars Giveaway!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GONE!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210708_070525.jpg Views:	60 Size:	44.1 KB ID:	6094326 Click image for larger version  Name:	20210708_070520.jpg Views:	57 Size:	40.3 KB ID:	6094327 Click image for larger version  Name:	20210708_070539.jpg Views:	57 Size:	39.3 KB ID:	6094328
    Last edited by orpheo; 07-09-2021, 01:56 AM.

Comment

GONE!

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210708_070256.jpg Views:	4 Size:	42.6 KB ID:	6094330 Click image for larger version  Name:	20210708_070252.jpg Views:	4 Size:	41.7 KB ID:	6094331 Click image for larger version  Name:	20210708_070325.jpg Views:	4 Size:	39.1 KB ID:	6094332 Click image for larger version  Name:	20210708_070311.jpg Views:	4 Size:	87.6 KB ID:	6094333

Comment

GONE!

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210708_070411.jpg Views:	3 Size:	42.0 KB ID:	6094335 Click image for larger version  Name:	20210708_070416.jpg Views:	3 Size:	42.8 KB ID:	6094336 Click image for larger version  Name:	20210708_070439.jpg Views:	3 Size:	39.3 KB ID:	6094337

Comment

Originally posted by d1dsj View Post
          Oh man, can I have dibs on the upcoming V please?
          Gotcha buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post
            Dibs on the Explorer!!
            PM sent.
            Gotcha buddy!

Comment

Originally posted by orpheo View Post
              edit:
              Dibs for forum member eclecticsynergy!

If you want to keep the dibs after seeing the pics, just quote this post and we'll sort it out!

Guitar 7.
              X.

My view on what an X could be if I had it my way. Ok, this one is fairly lightweight but c'mon this one is so small and has such a slim neck and tiny headstock, how can it be anything else but lightweight?

Korina body, wenge neck, Custom/59 hybrid bridge and neck I believe? Fat, roaring and just way too 'Europe' for its own good. Unfortunately... gathering dust. This was just a demo and prototype, testing templates and finishing methods, and the neck was a left over. If you take a close look at the heel you'll see there's a weird horizontal slot. That was an error. That's the reason this one can't be sold. I cut that slot too deep. I could (have) reshaped that heel completely and made it blend in with the body but the body was done before the neck and I just didn't bother anymore haha! The slot is only a few millimeters deep and this guitar is already 5 years old. This thing won't move. I promise you. If you are really uncomfortable with this, I could find a piece of wood (perhaps a contrasting material) and fill it, But so far, never had an incentive to do anything.

Click image for larger version Name:	20210708_070411.jpg Views:	3 Size:	42.0 KB ID:	6094335 Click image for larger version Name:	20210708_070416.jpg Views:	3 Size:	42.8 KB ID:	6094336 Click image for larger version Name:	20210708_070439.jpg Views:	3 Size:	39.3 KB ID:	6094337
              AWESOME! Yes, I want this axe for sure!

I'm just blown away. Can't thank you enough, Orpheo.

Words fail me.

The pink Strat looks fabulous - beautiful piece of ash in back.
              And the Vee is gorgeous too. Forum bro d1dsj got himself a beauty.
              Last edited by eclecticsynergy; 07-08-2021, 01:41 AM.
              "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

Can I call dibs on this one? Or did someone already? Do you have pics of the headstock?
                This guitar is still up for grabs! Slight miscommunication from my end. I'll make a photo of the headstock today.

Comment

Great idea and excellent work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  -=The Dali
                  --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

Guitar 5.
                    Pink strat.

This is a chunky axe. Thick neck, no tummy cut. Buttery low action and a smooth trem system that can be set up floating too. This axe is close to 4.2 kilo's I think. But not a lightweight by any stretch of the imagination.

I will not give these pickups away! I'll install something 'normal' because these pickups are really amazing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210708_070525.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	6094326 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210708_070520.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	6094327 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210708_070539.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	6094328
                    That's a pretty guitar! How do those single coil PATBs sound? I've always been fascinated with them.
                    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

edit:

Dibs for Forum member d1dsj! If you want this axe for sure, now I posted the pics, please quote this post and make it known to the world!

Guitar 6.
                      Amber V. Black korina body, ziricote neck, ebony board. The neck is slim and fast. I made an error once with the tailpiece, there's a photo of that. I plugged the hole but it's still visible and that's why this one is unsellable. I will have to recess the tailpiece, though, to improve the break angle. Once again: I won't ship this one with these pickups. They're some of my favorite PAF's and I'll install a random set of Duncans I have in my parts bin, unless you would prefer I didn't install any pickups because you prefer to do something yourself. And yes. That neck pickup's mounting ring overhangs the body edge. Long story... don't ask.

For obvious reasons, I don't have a case or gigbag for this one, muahah! But I do have a great box, packing foam and packing peanuts.

Click image for larger version Name:	20210708_070256.jpg Views:	4 Size:	42.6 KB ID:	6094330 Click image for larger version Name:	20210708_070252.jpg Views:	4 Size:	41.7 KB ID:	6094331 Click image for larger version Name:	20210708_070325.jpg Views:	4 Size:	39.1 KB ID:	6094332 Click image for larger version Name:	20210708_070311.jpg Views:	4 Size:	87.6 KB ID:	6094333
                      hell yeah that’s awesome!! How to proceed please? Wow wow wow

Comment

This is one of the coolest things I've seen come across this forum. Orpheo, you, Sir, are a good man and very generous. Kudos to you.

Comment

has anyone got dibs on the Purple Number 2 yet?
                          if not I want it
                          I tried to quote the post three times and it wont let me

if I gets it I want the case and shirt too I'll gladly send shipping plus $200

PM me and let me know
                          EHD
                          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
                            has anyone got dibs on the Purple Number 2 yet?
                            if not I want it
                            I tried to quote the post three times and it wont let me

if I gets it I want the case and shirt too I'll gladly send shipping plus $200

PM me and let me know
                            The Jem style is gone. Sorry. The HSS pinkish strat with the parallel axis pups is still available though!

Comment

Nope. HSS pink is gone too.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

That's a pretty guitar! How do those single coil PATBs sound? I've always been fascinated with them.
                                Hey,

this guitar just got snatched up, but to answer your question:

the PASTK's (Parallel Axis STacK!) sound like great single coils but without any hum. They do have that sparkly, chimey thing I like. I still want to rewire them so I can have the tops of these pickups in series like a humbucker in one setting of the toggle and in the other, it's 'normal'. Will be difficult to pull off but it will also be totally worth the effort I think. After all, these are 4 conductor wire.

Comment

Working...
                                X