No announcement yet.

Orpheo Guitars: Guitars Giveaway!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I edited the first post again with some edits.

Please, please read it carefully. If you want to withdraw your dibs after having read the post, please tell me in a PM as well as in the thread so it's all public.

Comment

Bah.

They're all right handed.

Pfft.

Comment

Seriously? I hope you're being sarcastic instead of whipping my ass for not giving away a lefty. Which I only make on commission...

Comment

Originally posted by orpheo View Post

This guitar is still up for grabs! Slight miscommunication from my end. I'll make a photo of the headstock today.
          Payment sent. Looks so beautiful. Great configuration and really nice woods and finish. I'm sooo psyche'd! Can't wait to play it. Thank you so much! (There's a heap of NGD's on the way.)

Comment

Seriously? I hope you're being sarcastic instead of whipping my ass for not giving away a lefty. Which I only make on commission...
            No whipping; you do great work (and I remember you from a long time ago on the Warmoth forum).

Righties will just never "get" it (the lefty struggle).

You're all lucky SOBs.

Comment

beaubrummels payment received!!

I will prep all shipments and it hangs on the cases, I mentioned in an earlier post. I leave for Mexico by July 21 so I have to get it all out by then.

Next weekend will be so busy hahaha!!

I didn't, naively, expect this much attention... or thus many case packs haha !!

The tally so far?

6x shipping 2x picking up.

Comment

I didn't, naively, expect this much attention... or thus many case packs haha !!

The tally so far?

6x shipping 2x picking up.
                Real world proof that you have the "Luthier Gene" and build unique, amazing and desirable instruments!
                I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Whew! Thought I missed an Orphan LP!!!!!
                  Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post

No whipping; you do great work (and I remember you from a long time ago on the Warmoth forum).

Righties will just never "get" it (the lefty struggle).

You're all lucky SOBs.
                    You know, you could just learn to play guitar the correct way . . .

:P
                    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

You know, you could just learn to play guitar the correct way . . .

:P
                      Or I could steal all of your guitars, rip the nuts out and put in lefty nuts and play them upside down.

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post

Or I could steal all of your guitars, rip the nuts out and put in lefty nuts and play them upside down.
                        that would work with a V, but with a Bich? nah...

Comment

Joking aside, I feel bad for the lefties who are not convinced early on to start learning the guitar right handed. They are really robbed of options and possibilities. When the movements to be learned are still alien and new to both hands anyways, I really see no risk or extra obstacle in learning it in a way that will have major benefits in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by nexion218 View Post
                            Joking aside, I feel bad for the lefties who are not convinced early on to start learning the guitar right handed. They are really robbed of options and possibilities. When the movements to be learned are still alien and new to both hands anyways, I really see no risk or extra obstacle in learning it in a way that will have major benefits in the long run.
                            Yep. The first time I picked up a guitar I held in lefty naturally and was trying to play that way. A friend said "Hang on a minute!", grabbed the guitar and flipped it the other way. Then I kept learning. Best thing ever! That guy saved me an awful lot of money over the years!

This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

Yep. The first time I picked up a guitar I held in lefty naturally and was trying to play that way. A friend said "Hang on a minute!", grabbed the guitar and flipped it the other way. Then I kept learning. Best thing ever! That guy saved me an awful lot of money over the years!
                              Are you a natural lefty or was it due to baseball bat/hockey stick holding?

There’s no way I could swing a bat or club lefty but I could probably shoot hockey lefty if I tried.
                              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

Are you a natural lefty or was it due to baseball bat/hockey stick holding?

There’s no way I could swing a bat or club lefty but I could probably shoot hockey lefty if I tried.
                                I'm not convinced that there really is a 'natural' lefty. The way you learn to do something initially has way bigger impact than anything else as far as right/left goes in my opinion. I play hockey right, write right, skateboard and snowboard goofy, box right handed, wrestle left handed, and play guitar right handed.

: P

Comment

Working...
                                X