Orpheo Guitars: Guitars Giveaway!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

Are you a natural lefty or was it due to baseball bat/hockey stick holding?

There’s no way I could swing a bat or club lefty but I could probably shoot hockey lefty if I tried.
    I kick with my left foot, I shoot hockey right-handed, I can bat lefty though I'm a right-handed more naturally. But I write right-handed, play guitar/bass right-handed.

Comment

I shoot sidearms with right / or ambidextrous, long guns on left.

Comment

Originally posted by nexion218 View Post
        Joking aside, I feel bad for the lefties who are not convinced early on to start learning the guitar right handed. They are really robbed of options and possibilities. When the movements to be learned are still alien and new to both hands anyways, I really see no risk or extra obstacle in learning it in a way that will have major benefits in the long run.
        It's okay - we make up for it with talent.

Comment

I posted an update in the first post for all who participated in the giveaway!

Comment

all good man, enjoy your trip

Comment

I demand a full refund of the purchase price.

No problem man, have fun in Mexico!
              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                I demand a full refund of the purchase price.

No problem man, have fun in Mexico!
                I can't buddy... Seriously, I need the cash. I need every cent of it.

Oh... Wait...

Comment

Wow, just saw this thread, what an awesome gesture!

Everybody who snagged a guitar, pay that **** forward to someone and keep the generosity karma flowing.
                  “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
                    Wow, just saw this thread, what an awesome gesture!

Everybody who snagged a guitar, pay that **** forward to someone and keep the generosity karma flowing.
                    I did, actually. Same day. Gave away a bass and case I haven't used in years. Told the guy who picked it up to give it away once he's done with it.
                    --------------------------------------------------------
                    1973 Aria 551
                    1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
                    1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
                    1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
                    1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
                    1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
                    2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                      https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
                      Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Damn it! I missed this thread.

Comment

Allright folks, I'm back in the Netherlands. My jetlag is over, life is back to 'normal'. I'll pick up preparing the shipments this week and I hope to have shipped out everything before the end of the month. I want to explain why.

Even though I said before that I'm giving away the guitars as is, I cannot live with the idea that the guitars go out to you guys with old strings, ****ty setups, electronics that aren't checked, backplates that aren't installed (yet). So every guitar gets a full clean, setup, new strings, check up etc. So every guitar gets like 2 to 5 hours of work depending on the guitar. I might even just polish some light blemishes. Yes, they're old and B-Stock but that doesn't mean I can't use a little bit of elbow grease to make the better. My pride prevents me from just slipping them in a box and saying sayonara. No, sir. I want you all to have the experience of getting one of my guitars as good and well as I'm able to.

Initially it was the idea to do just that: slip the guitar in a (protective) sleeve, box up and ship, but my fiancée convinced me otherwise. She is a marketing expert and convinced me that I should regard these as brand-new builds instead of B-Stocks, in order to maximize the enjoyment for you guys. Maybe I'm overstepping, don't know, but I do believe now that maximizing the yield will be the best for you all, so bear with me I know you all wish you had your guitars right now but I'm just not that flexible or fast.

On a personal note. I am planning my wedding at the same time I'm doing my day job, shipping you guys these guitars, training for a marathon as well as build instruments for customers. It's surprising how tiring life can be when you have 1001 things to do, but better to be busy than be bored I suppose. In December, we'll tie the knot and say 'I Do'. I never felt so sure about something as I'm feeling about this event.

Comment

Welcome home, Orpheo! And congratulations on your upcoming wedding.
                            You sure do have a lot going on in your life right now.
                            Rather a full life than an empty one.

I'm sure I speak for other the lucky recipients too when I say we all appreciate your extra efforts, making a great giveaway even better.
                            "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Just to give you an idea. It was so warm that day and we were SO tired! But it was worth it.

Comment

Awesome, looks like you are both very happy. Good luck with all the planning, I’m sure the wedding will be amazing!

Many thanks for the update too.

Comment

Working...
                                X