Orpheo Guitars: Guitars Giveaway!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
    Yes, indeed... She looks very attractive..
    Beautiful smile and I do love the hair color!

Orpheo, not having the time or opportunity to read the whole thread, are there any others avail?
    I don't think so But I will do something like this at a later date. I will let you all know in due time. I'm making up a few designs and I think they'll be oddly satisfying.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post

Love her hair!! You need to make a guitar that is inspired by, and combines elements of her hair color and shirt.
      Oh gosh, even more purple and black?! I'm designing two Mexico guitars at this moment. They're the same, though, but one for her and one for me. Is the following too much to start learning guitars on?

*Les Paul Shape
      *Top: solid cocobolo, carved, F-Holes
      *Core: Spanish Cedar, chambered
      *Back: solid ziricote with continuous backplates
      *Neck: cocobolo/ziricote/bocote laminate 17 piece neck
      *Fretboard: ziricote with maple binding
      *Headstock cap: ziricote
      *inlay: Mexico's Coat of Arms (eagle eating a snake on top of a cactus) on the headstock, Mayan calendar on 12th fret
      *3 gold humbuckers, custom wiring, tune o matic bridge

All mexican woods, might I add.

Comment

My plan for 2022 is to get rid of even more. I have 2 necks and 3 bodies and way too much hardware that needs to get matched up. So I'll have five more to do something with. I might change some things though and offer them for peanuts.

Talking about peanuts: I have a few for sale for well...almost nothing.

Comment

I decided to sell these:

thin body (ash with flamed maple), flamed maple neck with walnut stringers, ebony board. EUR500,00 ex case/shipping

Comment

This one can go too.

Ash body, Flamed maple neck, ziricote board, HSH pickups, hipshot trem and tuners, the works. EUR500. Ex case etc etc. (same price as the one above because having binding on the fretboard kinda offsets having a maple top, in terms of cost but the labor was the same!).

Comment

Solid flamed maple body (strat thickness, so this one is superlight and resonant!), 5pcs flamed maple neck, ebony board with custom inlay, gold Seymour Duncan pickups, gold OFR, gold locking nut and locking Hipshot tuners. EUR500.

Comment

The reason this one's priced so low is because the finish is checked/reliced and most people don't like that. If you love the inlay and the overal esthetic, but hate the finish: I can refinish this for you for +EUR200.

Comment

And this one. I tried to sell this for 750EURO but that's clearly too much. ZERO interest.

Fine.

EURO550. It's got a 5 piece purpleheart/zebrano neck, ebony board, full thickness body and full thickness top (maple on sapele), hipshot trem, hipshot locking tuners.

I'm really hoping to sell these too. It's obviously so bad with me/my work that I have to give it away.

Comment

Have you advertised these on sevenstring.org? Those guys are really into spending money on brands that aren’t Gibson/Fender/etc.
                    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

• Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
                      Have you advertised these on sevenstring.org? Those guys are really into spending money on brands that aren’t Gibson/Fender/etc.
                      I'm not a member there I think, so no I'll dive in to that asap!

Comment

• You make some amazing instruments!

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

• Originally posted by orpheo View Post

I'm not a member there I think, so no I'll dive in to that asap!
                          That crowd is way more into non-traditional stuff. It also tends to be a spendy bunch, and really dig boutique stuff.

You could probably get a good foot in the door by making a 27” six or seven string similar to that gold/purple single cut.
                          “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

• Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post

That crowd is way more into non-traditional stuff. It also tends to be a spendy bunch, and really dig boutique stuff.

You could probably get a good foot in the door by making a 27” six or seven string similar to that gold/purple single cut.
                            I'll post some pics on that forum in a few days. I would like to see what will happen if I do. Especially for these prices, I mean... Less than 1000E for a handmade guitar, no veneer tops. I think that's a steal?

Comment

• Originally posted by orpheo View Post
                              And this one. I tried to sell this for 750EURO but that's clearly too much. ZERO interest.

Fine.

EURO550. It's got a 5 piece purpleheart/zebrano neck, ebony board, full thickness body and full thickness top (maple on sapele), hipshot trem, hipshot locking tuners.

I'm really hoping to sell these too. It's obviously so bad with me/my work that I have to give it away.
                              Dude that is a gorgeous guitar right there.
                              1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
                              Jackson Soloist 7 string
                              ESP LTD M-400
                              Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

• Steal indeed, those are some choice axes you're letting go of.

Originally posted by orpheo View Post
                                Solid flamed maple body (strat thickness, so this one is superlight and resonant!), 5pcs flamed maple neck, ebony board with custom inlay, gold Seymour Duncan pickups, gold OFR, gold locking nut and locking Hipshot tuners. EUR500.

This is a great finish, reminds me of old Fernandes BSVs (which were also sparkly).
                                Originally posted by dominus
                                Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Working...
                                X