• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *edit*

Solved the issues! See below!

Comment

• Guys,

I'm sorry for my absence but no, it's not fine. My absence here kinda gave that away I guess...

I need a few more rounds of surgery as well as chemo (chemo means medication). I don't need radiation at this point because it hasn't spread, but as you can tell from my sheer absence, I'm not doing much because I literally and physically can't.

The prognosis is that I will make a full recovery without much chance of it flaring up again but then again: who knows.

What happened is that I went to my GP first. My GP thought she could remove the spots herself (thought they were just moles) but then as soon as one was gone, she discovered more and more and more. Then I got a referral to a dermatologist as well as an oncologist and there more was discovered so I got into that track of medication and surgery. This happened after the week of September 6. Since then, it's been a case of "Rinse and Repeat". The meds I am getting kinda weaken my system and holding a cup of coffee is the max grip I have at this point because it attacks the cells all over to make sure the tumors don't grow more. Also, these meds make me sleepy A.F. I sleep with ease 12 to 16 hours a day (!).

Unfortunately, I will be needing those meds for as long as it takes until I can get into surgery to get them all removed and the removal stage goes into two parts: first the majority and all they can see (October 6: keep fingers crossed!) and then a few weeks later, it will be checked if it was all taken out. If it is, I can get off the meds and then I'll get a checkup six months later but a few days after I can stop these meds, I will start to bounce back. Or, so I should.

Comment

• I'm not a (medical) doctor, by any means, so I can't give specifics.

As to how or why? No idea. It doesn't run in my family and I'm not someone who basks in the sun for hours on end. Bad luck, I suppose. I mean, 2020 was unpleasant, 2021 was shaping up to be great but the Universe doesn't allow it to be too great, does it?

I can only hope for your patience. I found out the issues fast (actually, it was my fiancée who found it) and that, plus the Dutch health care system being what it is, will all but guarantee I'll spring back to a full clean bill of health.

Life throws you for a loop every now and then and it takes a closely-knit inner circle and the kindness of strangers to get through the challenges that life throws at you.

Once I have more news, I will post here. If you have questions, just drop me a line. I do get notifications via email about PM's, I just stopped following forums (in general) because (... gosh I sound like a grandpa on his deathbed here), it's too exhausting.

Comment

• Sorry you got bad news, Orpheo.
          Chemo can be rough. But it's better than cancer.
          Here's hoping you are fully free of it at the end of your treatment.
          "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

• Hope everything goes well! Wishing you all the best!
            Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

• Best of luck, and take it easy. Chemo is very hard and going through it a frustrating/exhausting experience.
              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

• all the best man, take care of yourself and hope the treatments arent too bad for you

Comment

• Hope this all gets cleared up as soon as possible. Use your super-human powers to fight it and recover.

Comment

• Thanks for taking the time to let us know, as you can see there is lot of support here on this forum. Wishing you a full and speedy recovery and hoping the worst is over, take care mate.

Comment

• Orpheo, we're all sending you good thoughts.
                      It's been a month since we heard from you.
                      Please let us know how you're doing.
                      "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

• Hey Orpheo, just checking in. Been another month. Wondering what is going on with you.

Comment

• Dear all,

as you can see from the tidal wave of my posts , which is non existent unfortunately, I am not at all present online anymore.

I am bound for another round of cutting and slicing in a few days. It's not okay, yet, but we're getting there. I no longer need the meds! The tumors (yes, plural), are smaller so now they can be removed. The first operation sessions were to get rid of the bulk outside but of course, there is more inside and that is what the meds were supposed to tackle.

I hope to get the guitars out before Christmas. I have to. I wanted to do a fun thing with this giveaway but my illness and the realities that come with it threw a spanner in the works. I am really angry, upset and disappointed at myself because my body feels like it is failing me. I am also sad yet humbled for receiving so much kindness from you. I know that this thing is testing your patience and I am sorry. I hope you believe my apologies.

Everything in my life is now on hold. It is just ridiculous. The push to go on, move on, get something going is extremely frustrating. Even though I want to be productive (and I seriously need to!), I can't.

As an FYI: I am not sure if I said it before, but the tumors are in my neck and they spread quite far downward towards my spine and brainstem. We're working to make sure that they a: don't press on nerves in my neck, b: don't spread to the nervous system. Hopefully that explains a thing or two?
                          Last edited by orpheo; 11-09-2021, 03:43 AM.

Comment

• That really sucks to hear. Cancer can be a bit of a rollercoaster emotionally. Stick with it, and try to stay positive (which is certainly easier said than done). Best of luck!
                            Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                            This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

• Prayers for your full recovery, sorry to hear all this!

Comment

• sorry you are going through this, i hope the procedures go well and you are able to get back to living your life

Comment

Working...
                                X