Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by orpheo View Post
    GONE!
    Click image for larger version Name:	99361461_3283582431782464_4293551064893882368_n.jpg Views:	36 Size:	75.1 KB ID:	6094009
    Just wanted to say that I got a tracking number for this girl and it should be showing up in a week or two. I'm pretty stoked!
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

• Got a tracking # on mine too, last week. Still showing "Origin post is preparing shipment."
      21st century supply chain...
      Probably a bunch of packages standing by, waiting until there's full container's worth.

Feels great to know they're in the system though. Sure looking forward to arrival day.
      "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

• Lucky to be close to the Netherlands...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220225_160543_51.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	6155343

Comment

• Originally posted by nexion218 View Post
          Lucky to be close to the Netherlands...

Did they ever catch the shark that took those bites out of the bottom of your guitar?

This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

• Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

Did they ever catch the shark that took those bites out of the bottom of your guitar?
            Never asked Mr. O about that... But given how much I like the sound of it so far, I don't think that those bits are missing.

Comment

Lucky to be close to the Netherlands...

that thing looks fantastic!

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremy View Post

that thing looks fantastic!
                Wait till I finally get to doing the NGD thread and see the solid ebony neck...

Comment

• the walnut should be here any day if the shipping info is accurate which is always a question these days. nice bday present for myself and assuming its here, ill gig it sunday

Comment

• Make sure to post pics when you all receive them!
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Wait till I finally get to doing the NGD thread and see the solid ebony neck...
                      That's cool! I've never played a solid ebony neck. Is it much different than maple or mahogany?

Comment

• Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

That's cool! I've never played a solid ebony neck. Is it much different than maple or mahogany?
                        This guitar - despite having my usual pointy and/or black aesthetics - is so vastly different from my other guitars that it's hard to tell how much the solid ebony contributes to the overall end result. The Hipshot bridge has a steel block, so that sure adds some snap and brightness, body is black korina and the pickups are Alt8/FullShred and Jazz/59 hybrds w/ A8 magnets. The only thing I know from the bunch is the 59 LOL. The neck itself is super slick, feels dense and solid (kinda expected from ebony) and despite being a chunky boi ( I think you could make two Ibby Wizards from this one LOL) plays really smothly. Sure, feels unusual after all the Jacksons I have, but doesn't require me to fight with it.

Sound wise it "sustains for days", the palm muted triplets ar razor sharp (F yeah!), would describe the overall sound as angry, but the top end is silky smooth and not fizzy as you'd expect when hearing "angry". But again, I can't put my finger on how much each component contributes as these are things I have no previous experience with.

Comment

• that sounds awesome! ive never seen an ebony neck either, pretty cool stuff

Comment

• My guitar has cleared customs!
                            Hoping to have it later this week.
                            "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

• it arrived and i played it at two shows yesterday. i have no idea how to use the 10-way switch but got the sounds i needed pretty quick. sounded and played great. thank you sir!

Comment

• One side of 5 is purely singlecoil tones. The other is full (bridge) humbucker plus a few other series settings as well as a neck+middle in series in the other outer position.

I think that's 2 delivered and 4 pending. The end is in sight!

Comment

Working...
                                X