Hanging Guitars on Walls - Effects on Neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
    Mine have always stayed in the case and are stacked on the end .
    Curious what you mean by stacked on the end.(?)

I keep all but a couple in cases and just rotate them once in awhile.
    All my cased guitars are kept on their side(handles up just like you carry them) so that the guitar itself is suspended in it's playing position.
    This way I can get to whichever one I want without moving the others at all.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post

Curious what you mean by stacked on the end.(?)

I keep all but a couple in cases and just rotate them once in awhile.
      All my cased guitars are kept on their side(handles up just like you carry them) so that the guitar itself is suspended in it's playing position.
      This way I can get to whichever one I want without moving the others at all.
      In a row with the body down cases siting straight up on the end in a closet. Know what is where so just slide the case out and then back in after I play them out. Every guitar is cleaned before its put up every time.
      Guitars
      Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
      Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post

In a row with the body down cases siting straight up on the end in a closet. Know what is where so just slide the case out and then back in after I play them out. Every guitar is cleaned before its put up every time.
        Yeah that's definitely the most space-efficient manner to store, and does just fine for the guitar also.
        I have seen people stack them on top of each other before, with the guitars all laying flat on their backs. Not a good idea IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Top-L View Post
          Every rock star I know has a wall of guitars.
          I did not know you knew me.

It's this simple: Girl says get them out of the way. I want them within easy reach.
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I’ve had my guitars hanging on the wall- and in that room I keep a humidifier on in dry weather (winter), temperature controlled, with an air purifier. I regularly check and clean each for dust, check the necks and adjust the truss rod as needed. It’s a bit of maintenance for 12 guitars.

Before doing all of this, they’d get grimy, the necks would bow, etc…

It can be done if you watch over them regularly

Comment

Working...
            X