Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top-L
    replied
    Every rock star I know has a wall of guitars.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    I've never hung them there for super long, maybe 3 days or so at a time. But I've never had any issues.

Leave a comment:

• ICTGoober
    replied
    This is why truss rods are adjustable.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    " I don’t recommend hanging your guitar for a long term of time on the wall. Because, on the wall, it is more vulnerable to humidity and temperature changes. In addition, there is a chance that some kind of accident can happen. Furthermore, guitar hangers can peal specific guitar finish (nitro)."

This is the only thing I could find, and it was consistent among threads. A high end acoustic dealer near me hangs ALL of his. As does GC, maybe it's low humidity. Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• PoorMan
    started a topic Hanging Guitars on Walls - Effects on Neck

Hanging Guitars on Walls - Effects on Neck

Wondering if others have had the same experience...

I've always kept my guitars in cases, but with Covid I now work from home and thought it would be fun to hang some guitars in my home office. Unfortunately the result was back-bowed necks. This has never happened prior to hanging them. My best guess is the weight of the body (mostly Les Pauls or Les Paul style guitars) put enough pressure on the neck to counter the string tension causing it to move. Although this did also happened to a super light Fender Mustang.

Anyone else? Thoughts?
Working...
X