banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD - Player in Capri Orange

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NGD - Player in Capri Orange

    My first $1000+ ($AU) guitar. Free delivery. Paid for on Friday, delivered this (Tuesday) afternoon.

    I'm comfortable with the price ($800US) since if I had to pay for an OS guitar, it would have been much more.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Player130721.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	6095735
    This one will take over the duties of my Squier and my other "orange" guitar. Right now I'm going to take off the plastic, get every tab to Dave Matthews ever and I'm gonna jam for like 9 hours!

    (I'm not really going to do that.)

  • #2
    Lovely! Needs a perloid pickguard tho
    --------------------------------------------------------
    1973 Aria 551
    1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
    1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
    1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
    1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
    1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
    2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

    Comment


    • #3
      That is a cool color!
      I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

      Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Coma View Post
        Lovely! Needs a perloid pickguard tho
        Agreed!! Badass guitar, love the color! Congratulations!
        ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
        2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
        Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

        Comment


        • #5
          Looks pretty awesome but . . . I don't want to freak you out . . . it seems like they accidentally made it backwards. Maybe you can send it back and get a properly made one?

          :P
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

          Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

          Comment


          • #6
            Fender's International Colors are finally cool again! Can Sahara Taupe be far behind?
            Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              Fender's International Colors are finally cool again! Can Sahara Taupe be far behind?
              Isn't that pretty much the colour of the undercoat on these things?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Lucius Paisley View Post

                Isn't that pretty much the colour of the undercoat on these things?
                This is Sahara Taupe...quite a questionable color, with no 'movement' in it.

                Click image for larger version

Name:	dtbeliuujj0hjecrirat.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	6096005

                Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Mincer View Post

                  This is Sahara Taupe...quite a questionable color, with no 'movement' in it.
                  We hope.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Mincer View Post

                    This is Sahara Taupe...quite a questionable color, with no 'movement' in it.

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	dtbeliuujj0hjecrirat.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	6096005

                    Movement is in the pelvis of the beholder.

                    i've never seen that color before but i for one like it. Looks like a cup of hot chocolate.
                    Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      It is so flat. If there was an undercoat of sparkles, it would look a lot better. This is the rest of the 'International Color' line where Capri Orange came from. All of them sort of look like house paint:

                      Click image for larger version  Name:	color.jpg Views:	1 Size:	75.8 KB ID:	6096036
                      Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                        It is so flat. If there was an undercoat of sparkles, it would look a lot better. This is the rest of the 'International Color' line where Capri Orange came from. All of them sort of look like house paint:

                        Click image for larger version Name:	color.jpg Views:	1 Size:	75.8 KB ID:	6096036
                        It looks much nicer here.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Jack_TriPpEr View Post

                          Movement is in the pelvis of the beholder.

                          i've never seen that color before but i for one like it. Looks like a cup of hot chocolate.
                          I was thinking more liquid diarrhea . . . but 'hot chocolate' would probably sell better.
                          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

                          Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            The orange is really the best one. The blue doesn't even look good....and I love blue!
                            Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I got my Player yesterday as well in Lake Placid Blue.

                              Curious as to how you like the pickups.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X