NGD: PRS 305

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: PRS 305

More swapping and whatnot, and I landed this beast last night. Haven’t spent more than a few minutes playing it yet, but so far, I like it.

It’s pretty Stratty, but has its own thing going on. Alder body, maple set neck, PRS proprietary pickups, their classic trem bridge. No idea if the routes will fit anything else, but the 305 pickups seem very responsive to adjustment, and seem to suit their positions well.

“I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Dang! That is pretty!! Congrats!!!
    ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
    2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
    Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

Nice!

Comment

The 305 was always the most interesting PRS guitar to me. How do the single coils sound compared to something more traditional like an SSL-1?
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Wow, that's beautiful! Nice configuration.

Comment

Congrats!

I’ve always wondered how the 305, 409 and 513 sound and if some of those concepts could be rolled into a more standard setup.
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
              The 305 was always the most interesting PRS guitar to me.
              Agreed!

Congrats on the cool score, JB_From_Hell!

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                The 305 was always the most interesting PRS guitar to me. How do the single coils sound compared to something more traditional like an SSL-1?
                I played for about 10 minutes with my headphone rig last night (Mooer GE200), but my initial impression is they sound a little bigger than vintage pickups. It’s still very Strat sounding, but I’ll update that once I’ve spent some time with a real amp. More pics, too
                “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Pretty rare guitar and those and very nice. CONGRATS!
                  Guitars
                  Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                  Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Played through my Mustang on a clean patch based on an Orange something with just a hint of drive. I keep wanting to play early Beatles stuff on it, like “Day Tripper” or “Twist and Shout,” and it really cops those tones. What did they use then, Ricks?

It’s a little confusing to describe the tone. The Strat focus is there, with a lot of PAF bite in the bridge, and P90 mids in the neck and middle. Really, they’re kind of their own thing, and I’m really glad they don’t sound as Stratty as I previously thought. None of my other guitars sound anything like this, so it won’t be hard to justify keeping it around. Not to mention it’s a PRS, so it plays like butter and is super comfortable.

I’ve owned a lot of really cool guitars, but the 16 year old kid in me that was dying for a PRS is geeking out pretty hard to have two Core models now

Comment

It's always good to have a guitar in your collection that sounds completely unique from your others.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

The flush-mount singles look sweet. I don't think I've seen that before. Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                          Congrats!

I’ve always wondered how the 305, 409 and 513 sound and if some of those concepts could be rolled into a more standard setup.
                          They’re essentially just PRS guitars with different scale lengths, switching setups, and the radiused single coils.

I really want a rosewood neck McCarty, but I’ll be watching for a 513 or 409 for sure.

Comment

Congrats on your new ride. It is a great guitar to have as it covers a lot of ground. A nice working mans guitar I like to call it.
                            The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Congrats. Those are nice. A buddy of mine has a 513. He plays it a lot and gets all sorts of cool tones out of it. From Strat quack to humbucker fatness and everything in between. PRS did good with those.

Comment

Working...
                              X