banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Kramer Custom Graphics Collection - love it, hate it, meh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Kramer Custom Graphics Collection - love it, hate it, meh?

They do come with SD pickups

Read more here https://www.kramerguitars.com/Guitar...ustom-Graphics

Man Kramer… I deleted my disparaging thread. But seriously. Think Twins, Danny DeVito and Arnold Schwarzenegger. You know which is which. (It would have been even better as a Strathead)

Click image for larger version  Name:	0D5E1387-D74B-4EB0-AA39-D5E26DFE0CF8.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	45.7 KB ID:	6095929 Click image for larger version  Name:	499B8C69-3E44-4352-9EEE-9DA62DA95A49.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	69.5 KB ID:	6095930
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Very nice!

I haven’t played a Kramer in 15 years or so

Comment

The first three actually looks pretty decent to my eyes, the White Lotus is just meh. But the the Danger Zone and Hot Rod look like they are straight from a Toys-R-Us all in one starter set. But that's just my opinion, they might very well be dream guitars for someone....

Comment

Those Kramers make me sad.

Now, that bullseye Charvel on the other hand...I could get down with that!

Comment

The Charvel is in a different class of guitar.

The Kramers look something like if you asked a 13 year old to design something that 'looked cool if you were in the 80s' but had to use MS Paint from Win95 to design it.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Ew. No.
              --------------------------------------------------------
              1973 Aria 551
              1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
              1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
              1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
              1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
              1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
              2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

The Illusionist would keep me from ever looking at my pick hand. It is making me dizzy just looking at it here.
                I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

The Kramers look something like if you asked a 13 year old to design something that 'looked cool if you were in the 80s' but had to use MS Paint from Win95 to design it.
                  Spot on!
                  Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Yeah, man all these Kramers are just trash design full stop, but if they manage to sell, good of them. I still believe it's nothing else but a publicity stunt, no one in their own mind would even think about taking one single photo of such junk, let alone put them up for sale, the camera lens would just cringe and shrink!
                    L.E. Hold your horses folks, my wife likes the Feral Kunt and Viper. My 12yo thinks they're all "yeah nah"... De gustibus, the jury's still out there...
                    Last edited by AdrianSD; 07-14-2021, 05:17 AM.

Comment

Ummm.... Hmmm......Umm...... Well..... Ummmm...... (scratches head)..... walks away.
                      The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Oye. They did it again. As if the last attempt at a graphics series wasn't bad enough. Seriously, those don't even look like they are painted on but some decal that is slapped on and then clear coat over that. In fact, I bet that's exactly what they are. And that's a slap in the face to the graphics done in the 80's by Felise, Kline and Knapp. The "Hot Rod" is almost a straight up rip from the Charvel catalog. I don't think Kramer when I see flames on a guitar like that.

I'll stick with my vintage Kramer with a Kline graphic. I wish Gibson would let this brand die and rest in peace.

Comment

Dean has been building guitars in this niche and I think they do a better job with their graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                            Oye. They did it again. As if the last attempt at a graphics series wasn't bad enough. Seriously, those don't even look like they are painted on but some decal that is slapped on and then clear coat over that. In fact, I bet that's exactly what they are. And that's a slap in the face to the graphics done in the 80's by Felise, Kline and Knapp. The "Hot Rod" is almost a straight up rip from the Charvel catalog. I don't think Kramer when I see flames on a guitar like that.

I'll stick with my vintage Kramer with a Kline graphic. I wish Gibson would let this brand die and rest in peace.
                            I was going to post the Hot Rod Charvel too.
                            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Not my thing so much. I might play the hot rod, but it would have been better red or a warmer color. The 'danger zone' idea is ok, but not well executed. They should just sell blank bodies and a set of stickers and templates and you make it your own.

Comment

Working...
                              X