Sub $100 guitar, major Strat overall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub $100 guitar, major Strat overall

This Starcaster by Fender I picked up at the pawn shop for less than $100 has been around a couple years and just got a major overhaul!
    - Took the SD Quater Pounders out, (and put them in my red 80’s Japanese strat)
    - Replaced them with Duncan Designed Detonator, and SD Pearly Gates (bridge model in neck position)
    - Single capacitor treble bleed mod
    - Upgrade to aluminum pickguard (like the Japanese strat)
    - Upgrade to massive brass tremolo block on the bridge (love these things)
    - Upgrade to Fender Locking Tuners
    - 3 brass saddles, 3 steel saddles
    - Tesi Switch brand kill switch
    - Seymour Duncan brand strap (of course)

From day 1 this thing had had a neck that just felt awesome, and that’s why I’ve put so much time, effort and money into modding it and enjoying it. If you get a chance to check out one of these arrow head headstock starcaster strats, I highly encourage it!
    ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
    2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
    Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

I dig it. A buddy of mine put together a couple guitars for my oldest son, mostly out of no name parts. He brought over a Strat for him Sunday, and it’s neck feels a lot like my CE24. There are definitely some diamonds in the rough out there.
    "Patience is key. Hard work is obligatory. And itís the decisions you make right now, not the habits of the past, that will shape your success in the future." - Janek Gwizdala

Comment

I love to hear about mods to cheaper instruments to make them personalized and uniquely functional. You got 2 guitars out of all those parts!
      Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

Comment

Working...
      X