Sub $100 guitar, major Strat overall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub $100 guitar, major Strat overall

This Starcaster by Fender I picked up at the pawn shop for less than $100 has been around a couple years and just got a major overhaul!
    - Took the SD Quater Pounders out, (and put them in my red 80’s Japanese strat)
    - Replaced them with Duncan Designed Detonator, and SD Pearly Gates (bridge model in neck position)
    - Single capacitor treble bleed mod
    - Upgrade to aluminum pickguard (like the Japanese strat)
    - Upgrade to massive brass tremolo block on the bridge (love these things)
    - Upgrade to Fender Locking Tuners
    - 3 brass saddles, 3 steel saddles
    - Tesi Switch brand kill switch
    - Seymour Duncan brand strap (of course)

From day 1 this thing had had a neck that just felt awesome, and that’s why I’ve put so much time, effort and money into modding it and enjoying it. If you get a chance to check out one of these arrow head headstock starcaster strats, I highly encourage it!
    ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
    2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
    Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

I dig it. A buddy of mine put together a couple guitars for my oldest son, mostly out of no name parts. He brought over a Strat for him Sunday, and it’s neck feels a lot like my CE24. There are definitely some diamonds in the rough out there.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

I love to hear about mods to cheaper instruments to make them personalized and uniquely functional. You got 2 guitars out of all those parts!
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
      X