Impulse buy from Amazon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impulse buy from Amazon

This little gem came by in my feed and I couldn't resist. Might need a pickup upgrade but good for now. IYV from Vietnam. Setneck under $200 bucks.

Aint no pro but I know what I like....
    Guitar to sound output:
    Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

wow that's cheap. I like the look of it. I like green guitars! Take some more pics!!
    ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
    2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
    Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

Perhaps I can do that after work. I already took the pick guard off of it.
      Guitar to sound output:
      Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

I have been extremely curious about these Vietnamese IVYs
        I have seen them on Amazon throughout the lockdown

let us know what your impression of the neck and weight etc

I am sure the pickups and tuners will need replacing
        EHD
        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Neck straight, frets even and placed correctly?

Btw I'm no expert, but those characters don't look at all like Vietnamese. Is this perhaps North Korean????
          "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Company website says Ho Chi Minh city (Saigon) Neck is straight. Mild fret buzz 1st. string 1st. fret little on the slimmer size but I think it's pretty good.
            Guitar to sound output:

Comment

Very nice! I hope it turns into quite a player!
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I’m fascinated with good cheap guitars. I picked up a firefly semi hollow Tele.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Adieu View Post
                  Is this perhaps North Korean????

North Koreans selling on Amazon sounds a little far fetched... But you're right, the lettering does look korean.

But to be on topic, that color is SEXY!

Comment

Originally posted by nexion218 View Post

North Koreans selling on Amazon sounds a little far fetched... But you're right, the lettering does look korean.

But to be on topic, that color is SEXY!
                    Seems suspiciously cheap for South Korean though. Unless it is some aborted Vietnamese shipment for a South Korean retailer that went sideways and ended up on American Amazon instead.

Can anybody here read the Korean?

Machine translation of the image suggests it says something like "Relationship Sound Music"
                    Last edited by Adieu; 07-15-2021, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BTMN View Post
                      Company website says Ho Chi Minh city (Saigon) Neck is straight. Mild fret buzz 1st. string 1st. fret little on the slimmer size but I think it's pretty good.
                      www.inyenvinguitars.com

have you opened it up to look at what's under the hood? I'm assuming the top is a veneer or photoflame, but what kind of wood is underneath? And what's the neck made od, mahogany-ish species, maple, or unknown other?

Comment

Way to help Destroy Gibson and the American Economy Gene!
                        Way to make a statement about the Vietnam war buying Ho Chi Min!
                        Nice job Comrade Kelly...

Seriously - looks like a sweet axe! If they can make it for $200 good on them. The Market rules all!!!!

We need a full playability and sound review ASAP!!!! And an idea as to what Duncan s will go in it...
                        Originally posted by Bad City
                        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Vietnam might've won, but we get $200 consolation prizes

Comment

Umm let's not get to political here a lot of things have changed in regards to the country since 1975. Reebok makes shoes there for instance. I have a pair on right now.

Wood looks to be a version of Mahogany. Perhaps NATO or something similar. Haven't really put it through a big amp but sounds decent and not thin. Plays cool enough too.
                            Guitar to sound output:

Comment

Originally posted by Adieu View Post

Seems suspiciously cheap for South Korean though. Unless it is some aborted Vietnamese shipment for a South Korean retailer that went sideways and ended up on American Amazon instead.

Can anybody here read the Korean?

Machine translation of the image suggests it says something like "Relationship Sound Music"
                              My bet is the axe was assembled/finished in Vietnam and the truss rod cover was sourced from Korea which has a significantly larger guitar manufacturing industry than Vietnam.
                              Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                              Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
                              http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Working...
                              X