How did you choose your guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
    I picked mine because it was the same color as my car at the time. I later found out that both were factory resprays. The Strat was metallic blue over Aztec gold, the car was metallic blue over metallic red.
    anyway to get a picture of either or both?
    EHD
    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I knew nothing, I just wanted a Fender Stratocaster like Dave Murray from Iron Maiden so I got a 96 Sambora MIM, which i swapped pickups more times I can recall. Great choice by luck, 18 years later got me a Charvel SoCal, it was a very nice step forward and a very informed buy after knowing all the specs I wanted in a Super Strat.

This forum was very important for me to learn and investigate.
      Who took my guitar?

Comment

Simple really. Prior to a rehearsal one day we were short of a microphone stand. Therefore, the singer and I quickly took a detour to the music shop whilst en route to our rehearsal space. I then left said shop with a PRS US/Core series Custom 24 floyd, as well as the all important microphone stand!

PRS were not particularly on my list back then, but I gave it a whirl as it was second hand, immaculate, and I was curious whilst we were killing time. It was, and remains the best playing/sounding guitar I've ever played, and very much my #1 ever since

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Mr Wolf; 07-30-2021, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X