No announcement yet.

Hand slicing saddle screws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screw them back so they stick out of the saddle about half way. Sand them a mm or 2. Screw them back in. They now won't protrude from the saddles anymore.
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Comment

I found the place I ordered mine from.

Comment

Well I took a dremel to them and hacked them off. They don't stick out anymore. They kept wanting to fly out, so I had to tape them in lol. They aren't terribly flat now where they meet the bridge plate... is that a concern? They might kind of mark up the bridge plate, but I typically don't adjust saddles a whole lot once I have the axe dialed in. Ideally I'd sand or file them flat just to make them the way they were... for better contact and vibration transfer, I suppose. That feels like micromanaging my tone, a bit. Really I'm just trying to justify not doing anything else because I'm ready to play and it's kind of a PITA working on those teeny screws.
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
        http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

New ones are not flat
          kinda dome shaped

This is what I meant by dressing the ends
          EHD
          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

You'll take the pain and you'll LIKE IT.

Figured out a way to semi secure the saddle screws and filed down the jagged edges. Not perfect, but much closer than it was. I'm sure my tone will benefit greatly and I can probably skip practicing for a few days.
            Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face

Comment

Never had this problem. Am I supposed to?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucius Paisley View Post
                Never had this problem. Am I supposed to?
                It's one of the finer experiences in life. Go get yourself a bridge with screws that are too long. Really makes you feel alive.

Comment

I guess that's why they originally had bridge covers. If you've ever used one of them, you'd realize that getting sliced up is a better alternative.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                  X