banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know what the third back access cavity here is for (Battery?..Preamp?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know what the third back access cavity here is for (Battery?..Preamp?)

Just wondering what the third small square plate at the back near the input jack is for?

"Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Jack access since you can see it meets the control cavity at a right angle. Is it using a deep panel Jack?
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Not sure what a deep panel jack is? (Barrel?)

Why gouge out wood just for jack access that you can access normally/the usual way anyway?

This is the front (pretty sweet) ...it's got EMG's. Looks like the new Retroactives. But no battery panel at the back?

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

The battery is most likely in that little panel by the output jack.

Comment

I would think that without it, replacing the output jack or re-wiring it would be a pain.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Emg probably leans toward battery cover

I used to sneak a screwdriver in to open them up

Want to get some attention from the staff

Sit on a stool and whip out a screwdriver
            EHD
            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              I would think that without it, replacing the output jack or re-wiring it would be a pain.
              They're usually pretty easy to replace/rewire. I mean, just pull them out a bit and do what you need to. There's usually enough extra wire for that. Besides where would the battery and preamp for the EMG's go, unless they stuffed everything in the main control panel. Be bit of a tight fit for an HsH. Unless Emg makes open-coil passives that look like those? Have'nt seen any though.

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                The battery is most likely in that little panel by the output jack.
                Yeah, that's what I was thinking though they usually have one of those plastic battery compartments with the lid for that.

Youtube

Comment

Usually not a big fan of the dragon-burst type finishes but this one has a really nice grain under it.
                  I also think they have the battery in the output-jack cavity.

Pickup-rings/bezels make me feel cozy and safe, like Linus with his blanket.
                  It's always easy to swap pickups with rings and you need not any idea of how strong the magnet is or how close they will need to be to the strings.

Direct-mount does look slick and is not really a problem or anything, but given the choice I'll always take ring-mount if there's a good chance of swapping in the future.
                  Last edited by dave74; 07-23-2021, 04:04 AM.

Comment

It's for the jack. My Ibanez also has one.

Comment

Like everyone has said, it's for access to the jack, it has a Ibanez barrel style jack, you can't get them in or out without that access hole since they have a nut on the back.

Comment

^^^^ DING! DING! DING! ^^^^
                        aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up (kinda). Maybe it's got a battery in there too? Yeah it's a really sweet finish I saw it at a store the other day & it's been kinda playing on my mind since

It's a Cort (I like Cort's and have 3 already) that was only briefly made in 2017. Originally had EMGHz's in it but then they upgraded those to EMG's (Maybe that's why they don't have a dedicated battery compartment?)

They discontinued these guitar's soon after they introduced the newer (similarly priced/spec'd) X300 series that come stock with a set of EMG Hot 70 Retroactives. Anyways, I might head back & give it a closer look & perhaps a bit of a test run at the store....see what comes of that. Funnily enough I actually went there to check out a Cort in the first place (a G290FAT) but they did'nt have any in stock.

Youtube

Comment

The X300's are'nt too bad either ..saw them at the store that day too.

They have one of those dedicated battery compartments though (and the same EMG's)

It's just that that Dragon burst is pretty well done ..& kind of unusual, especially on a superstrat

Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 07-23-2021, 07:34 AM.

Youtube

Comment

It's for the input jack. My RGA32 has one just like that. Aren't those passives and need no battery?

Comment

Working...
                              X