USA Custom Guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Custom Guitars?

Hello everyone - hope everybody here is doing well!

Has anyone here purchased from USA Custom Guitars recently? I tried to order via their website (and couldn't) and then sent an email to their sales email address which got kicked back. I'm guessing I should give them a call?

I guess while I'm here - do you guys know of anyone that makes a traditional 3-saddle telecaster bridge that routed for a reverse slant (a la jimi hendrix) pickup? My telecaster has been on my bench for months (my neck pickup has kind of funky wiring including a tap on the slug coil, and I need to wire it in the opposite polarity to work with my telecaster bridge, and I've been lazy about actually getting it done), so I've gotten back into my SSH strat in a big way. I love the P-rails I've got in there but miss the lean, cutting midrange of the telecaster and also kind of want to try something new. There are definitely cheaper ways to go about it, but I'm planning on selling a bunch of gear soon (mostly pedals) so the net impact on my financials shouldn't be hideous.
    Originally posted by ImmortalSix
    I wouldn't pay more than $300 for a BJ.

I think they were bought by MJT:

When I go to the USACG website I get an announcement saying itīs now part of the MJT group, whatever that means.

I donīt know where youīd be able to get that bridge, but if you canīt find anything stock somewhere else, maybe send an email to Callaham asking if they can do a lefty.

Comment

Since the MJT merge has happened email them at [email protected]. Says so in the announcement.

Comment

Well that makes sense. I'm terrible about reading pop ups - thank you!

I asked WD custom pickguards if they could make it and they said yes, so I can pull it off with a regular SSH strat. I just love the sound you get out of a 3-saddle fixed tail bridge. Maybe I'll just throw on some brass saddles and see what's what.

Comment

So I heard back from them and they redirected me to warmoth. Kind of a bummer as USACG parts are far and away the best I've used, but Warmoth isn't any slouch either.

Thank you again everyone.

Comment

I bought a left hand tele bridge though eeebay. I really like the sound. Be prepared to do some routing, but it’s not that hard.

First place I saw Jimi tele was in Michael Steven’s shop in Alpine Tx. He said I could build one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by SawDusty; 07-28-2021, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jimijames View Post
              So I heard back from them and they redirected me to warmoth. Kind of a bummer as USACG parts are far and away the best I've used, but Warmoth isn't any slouch either.

Thank you again everyone.
              That’s sucks. Warmoth is good, but USACG had a reputation of taking extra care in their fretwork, not needing any touching up

Comment

Working...
              X