NGD - Something green with EMG's :p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another day = a new approach:

Time to check it (Cort X11) out with a different 30W amp (to pick out the subtle tonal nuances)

"Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

More subtle tonal nuances

Dispensed with the mic'ed cab & plugged it into my Mooer GE300 (Randall T2 "Tone Capture" Profile) = fun, yet scientific times...

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

even more nuances..

Don't want it to come off as self-indulgence or anything (cuz it's more like self-sacrifice) & yeah, I know it's all for science...but gotta say I'm kinda bored with this track now

Youtube

Comment

haha..here I am doing all this super-scientific tone experimentation & I totally FORGOT all about the neck pup!

Got to remedy that..

As I said before, I'm sick af with that last backing track ..so time to move on

Back to the Laboga head & IRT cab with the Zoom & $20 mic

This one's kinda more laid-back & chill sounding ..just a nice long, sweet. meandering jam

Normally hardly use my neck pup but this one's actually pretty cool/usable ...I actually had'nt even tried it since I first bought the guitar and checked it to see it was working. But after jamming with it a bit I think it sounds phenomenal. The EQ is perfect, no flab & cuts through like a knife but it's still really round-sounding, sweet & tuneful. Joins the Dean/DMT MAB Hands without Shadows & Fockin Rocket Queen as my fave neck pup's
          Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 08-06-2021, 10:34 PM.

Youtube

Comment

...and now with my Grote semi-hollow body (Fockin Rocket Queen neck pup)..just for some perspective..

Thought I'd intersperse the slower meandering bits with some tappier & shreddier bits for added contrast & then study the outcome using venn diagrams

Youtube

Comment

Another go with the bridge pup

Using trignometric principles I was able to dangle the $20 mic in it's optimal position for sweetass tone

New backing track...cuz boredom

Now there's probably people out there that say this is'nt quantum physics ..it's all about fun, fingers and feel, but they're wrong of course

Youtube

Comment

I was just re-re-re watching "Herbert West ; Re-animator" (one of my all-time faves) and I had a "eureka" moment.

It was time to explore the scientific principle of inversion - as applied to music theory. Now we've all heard of inverted chords..but this is an inverted solo, more specifically an inversion of the solo above ....melodically & emotionally tapped during the verse instead of the chorus! (then the chorus is the slow boring filler).

This creates an interesting yet unexpected dichotomy that's (often) theoretically sound

Youtube

Comment

After solving the following equation;

..and plotting all the musically theoretic variables on a pie chart I was able to jam this solo using the obvious outcome

Youtube

Comment

...and a closer look at the deciding factor:

Youtube

Comment

Yes, at first glance it does look like I just drew a stiffy in my pants...but then we must look deeper...

Youtube

Comment

I really don't want to interrupt the convo, but looks like you're having fun with this guitar!

Comment

Haha ...well more of a monologue than a convo

But yeah...definitely a lot of fun

Youtube

Comment

And finally we arrive at the scientifically shredtastic formula for "Terminal velocity"

Proving conclusively a shred factor of 10/10

Youtube

Comment

Well, not going to lie ..I thought I was done.

I mean "Terminal velocity" seemed like the end of the road.... but then using the latest advances in scientific diagnosis I was able to determine that the 'shred factor' could in fact be upped to "11" simply by switching to the Purple Kramer Baretta Special (with newly installed black pot metal hardware which makes all the difference)..so that's what I did

Youtube

Comment

Apparently pot-metal has a compositional formula that positively affects the nimbleness of the fingers. Hard to believe, but there you have it

Youtube

Comment

Working...
                                X