• Show
Clear All

And once more ....we return to this..

Yes..it's hard...

...to imagine a world without it.

"Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

​Obviously, (despite what you're thinking) it describes the gravitational pull against forces exerting opposing pressure. Similar to the pull of a pickup against your strings. This results in an unfortunate but inevitable loss of velocity or a condition termed "shred blue-balls".

There's only one way to counter it....upping your shred factor to "warp"

I recently observed this phenomena when I chanced to look down at my fingers....and noticed that they seemed to be "fading in and out" (caught between dimensions, so to speak..)...then as warp speed fast approached....they completely disappeared! Fortunately, I was able to scientifically record this remarkable phenomena using a gyroscope

Digital (finger) observations as recorded scientifically with said gyroscope...​

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Awesome freaking guitar!!!

COrt went through shred phase where they made a few nice guitars

There was a snakeskin one I remember....
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Thanks! It's a looker & a player ..chuck aside science & music theory & all the other bollocks (for the moment ..we'll return to it presently) ...you know how it is with some guitars, it's got a whole lot of mojo

Youtube

Comment

and back to the grind..

time, once again... to willingly sacrifice myself before the altar of science....

..continuing from where we left off with the whole warp thing & the gyroscope...just so we're done with that

Youtube

Comment

btw don't thank me for all this scientific insight....as a follower of Mahatma Gandhi (no booze, no chicks & the path of selflessness) I feel it's my bounden duty to share my findings

I'll be sharing more soon ..have faith.

Youtube

Comment

Now some of you might be tempted to look upon this as ego massaging. But nah, nothing could be further from the truth. Scientific thirst for musically theoretic knowledge (eg..the circle of 5th's..stuff like that ..) is all it's about ...can't do without that ****
                Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 08-15-2021, 11:38 PM.

Youtube

Comment

Granted, The Circle of the Tyrants is more my thing ..but I'm pleased to the announce I was able to successfully harness the power of the circle of fifths & other musically theoretic thingie's and incorporate all that cool **** into this sweet jam

Sadly it took it's toll on my camera

Thankfully the Cort also achieved a shred factor of "11" & successfully breached the warp barrier although the momentous event was'nt caught on camera on account of it conking out...so you'll just have to take my word for it..

Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 08-16-2021, 05:51 AM.

Youtube

Comment

I think scientifically accurate & informative though it's all been, it's finally time to give my valuable contributions to his thread a rest

I recently became aware that shredding at extreme velocities such as those reliably/scientifically recorded here (shred factor 11, warp etc..) can cause rapid super-expansion of the universe as the rate sound & light is generated under said conditions is extremely hazardous leading to dangerously rapid and uncontrolled expansion of the universe (Doppler effect). This can only lead to catastrophe (Shredmageddon) and the end of all life as we know it. So in the interest of humanity's very ongoing existence...

( though I might be back sooner than you think if thing's get boring & I decide to give the old digits another workout ...sucks about humanity )

Youtube

Comment

well....unrelated I guess..but here's a problem I've been having with my audio (not just in Reaper..), youtube, prime movies & the like....

....audio keeps cutting out when I'm playing back /recording. I've tried re-installing Asio4all/dowloading latest versions/re-plugging in my audio interface/troubleshooters of every variety..nothing works for long..sometimes it's fine for a bit but then back to the same thing when I reboot my comp....any idea's what it could be... I read somewhere that it's Windows over-officiously trying to re-set my default playback to 16bit from 24 bit that I've set it to (**** knows why) hence the pops and clicks as Windows try's to do it's thing.

This is just the cam audio ..so you know what I'm talking about and how frequent it is.. I usually just keep playing through the silent parts ('cause it's recording anyway) but for a guy who uses just his ears, it's tough to keep going when there's nothing to hear/follow..

Youtube

Comment

Whoah..no idea's? I thought we were all men of science and mandatory musicaly theoretic stuff???

Well, the good news is for some weird reason (and even as a bonafide man of science + follower of Gandhi I have no ****in' reason why) this happens in the mornings & evenings only (?) It's actually worst at night which kinda sucks 'cuz that's when I record//play stuff usually.

So there is a workaround....11:00 am to about 5:00 pm it's usually fine (again, no idea why..especially since it happens both on and offline)..anyway, definitely a strange (and way ****in irritating) scientific phenomenon that must be studied in detail

Now this was recorded at about 2:00 pm.. works fine..

Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 08-19-2021, 08:30 PM.

Youtube

Comment

....Back from a session of intense study of the circle of 5th's (using a pipette, bunch of cool graphs/diagrams & other scientific paraphernalia ).

But sadly, after a thorough analysis I concluded that the circle of fifths was'nt my thing ..it pretty much sucked for my purposes (ie. actual guitar playing). So I discarded it in favour of just plain old fifths (minus the circle) which I am pleased to announce I was able to incorporate successfully & practically in my jam.

I also incorporated a little Circle of the Tyrants inspired whammy wiggling (which quite frankly, was a hella lot more fun) ..but eh far from it that I should pass judgement

..so if this is your idea of having fun ..knock yourself out

Popping it here in the interest of science (and thirst for knowledge)

Meanwhile I'll just stick to this :

I did however, like I said, throw in a bunch of fifths...whether or not you're good with that..who knows? One can only do one's musically theoretic best.

Youtube

Comment

Leaving science aside for a moment (and the circle of fifths/musically theoretic stuff as always ) ...I thought it was time to explore my sensitive side by playing slowly emotionally & dreamily. Sadly, while I almost lasted right through to the very end ..it was'nt to be and I was compelled to break the warp barrier for a little bit at the finish there

Yes, velocity isn't everything but it sure as hell beats just plonking along boringly all day long. If I was'nt such a follower of Gandhi I'd probably have switched gears much sooner, but eh, he's the man & at the end of the day we do have a lot in common (except for fashion sense) :yesway:

Cort (neck & bridge) + Laboga + Laney + $20 mic..

Youtube

Comment

Looking back I feel maybe I was too impulsive & prejudiced & I didn't give the whole musically theoretic thing a fair chance after all. The Circle of fifths certainly is vast and impressive, perhaps it actually has some practical use after all? Maybe after plugging my ears with a decent pair of earplugs I should try and play sticking to the musically theoretic principles & the musically theoretic principles alone (no ears whatsoever) depending on nothing else but sheer guitar science instead. So that's what I did using just the theoretic principles from the theoretic books in front of me which guided my every note.

After utilizing theoretic techniques like multiple exotic scales, atonal bends, sweep picking, string hopping, indefinite sustain, circle of 5th's, multi-finger tapping, pivoting, legato, trills, ascending & descending stuff, no blues scale etc (ie. almost every technique musically known to mankind) I was able to create this masterpiece. My mum actually prefers it to the earlier version as it's more 'pleasant & soothing' ..or so she says (yes, she is tone deaf & has struggled with it since birth ..pls pray for her swift recovery). However my faithful old mutt, Gollum howled & cringed as I played it back for him. Eh, to each their own, you be the judge. I am just a vessel (for science)

Youtube

Comment

Side note: After detailed research I found that sprigs of broccoli (with the stems trimmed/shaped) will, in a pinch, work well as earplug substitutes

Youtube

Comment

Working...
                                X