No announcement yet.

NGD - Something green with EMG's :p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And after all the theoretically pincipled stuff and high falutin' musically conceptual things, I thought it's time I went back to basics. No point in letting that last video go to my head. Alfred Schopenhaur famously said about modesty (that most admirable of virtues) "With people of limited ability modesty is merely honesty. But with those who possess great talent it is hypocrisy"

....& then the same living legend (RIP) wrote the following immortal words “No doubt, when modesty was made a virtue, it was a very advantageous thing for the fools; for everybody is expected to speak of himself as if he were one.”.

However, immortal quotes such as these I must confess, go against Gandhi's principles of humility, simplicity & nudity. I must humbly disagree with them, pray and contemplate our ongoing existence.

Also, I must play the humble blues scale for some considerable duration to quell my virtuoistic pride after displaying my mastery over a bunch of musically theoretic applied theories taken straight from the musical books open before me in my last deeply theoretical video full of the essential musical theories such as the circle of 5th's

"Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

And more humble use of the blues scale with my Cort X11QM (bridge split/4th notch)...'cuz 17 mins ^ ^ of jamming the blues just is'nt enough

Also I lost touch of my humility and broke into velocitic tapping and warp-barrier breaking shred for a bit there ^ ^ at the end which won't do according to the Gandhian principles to which I adhere

More simple bluesiness:

Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 08-26-2021, 11:32 PM.

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
        . So that's what I did using just the theoretic principles from the theoretic books in front of me which guided my every note.
        Were those books open or just in front of you? Asking for a friend...

Comment

[QUOTE=Phantasmagoria;n6106577]

Also, I must play the humble blues scale for some considerable duration to quell my virtuoistic pride after displaying my mastery over a bunch of musically theoretic applied theories taken straight from the musical books open before me in my last deeply theoretical video full of the essential musical theories such as the circle of 5th's[/QUOTE

Haha..thought you'd catch me out there ...but no ..truth, brother is the greatest virtue (apart from modesty). I'm all about the truth

17 of the books were indeed open before me as I played to provide the nessesary guidance (the rest of the 22 I gently opened as & when I came to them) ...3 turned out to be cookbooks so I did'nt open them at all (until later)...

Youtube

Comment

After a well-deserved break, it's now time to continue on with the journey of scientific & musically theoretical experimentation

Just some sweet melodic shred (no blues or tapping) as I desired to take the middle path. So thus we experience the convergence of science & spirituality as first proposed by Mahatma Gandhi & later seconded by Mother Theresa (who apparently wished to chastise me severely for committing "the unspeakable" sin of onanism in my earlier video...bur eh, what's done is done & cannot be undone)

Anyway, my place is a mess & I have a mound of junk just behind me 'cuz I'm attempting to clean up (hence the cheesy filter) ...sorry about that, but we must all concentrate on the scientific and spiritual aspects instead (and forget about my junk, onanism & especially the naughty chastisement)

Youtube

Comment

Now with the purple Kramer:

Those more theoretically minded among us will be pleased to note I made use of various exotic scales (Outer Mongolian, Timbuktuian etc..) & some also some velocitic tapping. Unfortunately due to a scientific miscalculation (it happens) I screwed up the video angle a bit & you can only see my fingers high on the neck (fortunately they are there pretty often) ...but eh, life goes on.

Youtube

Comment

Time to take the next step of scientific discovery.

Here we use the vernier scale (not a theoretically musical scale) & various types of calipers to determine whether the purple Kramer Baretta special (with black pot metal hardware causing finger nimbleness) can be successfully incorporated into the blues scale using scientifically theoretical techniques.

The finding: Yes it can be by using pinch harmonics as the counter-balance, provided the Laboga amp Is on Channel 1 (lo gain/crunch setting) & the $20 mic is dangling optimally.

Under the abovementioned conditions I was ultimately successful in incorporating the blues scale into this purple shred axe thus closing the 22 musically theoretic books open before me as they were rendered totally null & void by the unskilled use of the non-virtuoistic blues scale which is scorned by all true virtuoso's

Youtube

Comment

Wow.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm sure ^^ that explanation/description's as enlightening & useful to you as the circle of fifth's etc...etc.. is to me

Youtube

Comment

Decided to do a little (musically theoretic scientific) research...Did I really require the Musical theoretics????

Let's start with another immortal quote:

“Music theory is just that, theory…it's not truth.” ~ EVH

Now we move on to a list of players who found sweetass musically theory about as useful as I do:

Django Reinhardt
                      Hendrix
                      Clapton
                      McCartney
                      Van Halen
                      Dimebag
                      Tony Iommi
                      Angus Young
                      Jeff Beck
                      BB King
                      Robert Johnson
                      Slash
                      ..many more

But eh, look where that got them

Theoretical conclusion: Nothing beats armchair musical theoretics.. you can discuss & argue about many many important things (....like the circle of 5th's!!!!!) for hours

Youtube

Comment

Now that we know how essential & mandatory the musically theoretics from the open books before us are for ALL players without exception.(see above ) we can proceed with the scientific proceedures so that with "round 2" of scientific & theoretic comparisons we can tell the true difference.

The first section of the video below is minus the theoretics (rudimentary blues scale only), then we open many useful musically theoretical books in front of us & place fresh sprigs of broccoli (to save $$$) in our ears and use only theoretical & virtuoso techniques to play the second time..thus obtaining the desired theoretic & emotional results

Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 09-05-2021, 05:48 AM.

Youtube

Comment

If you give a music theory book to a macaque. you'll get nonsensical atonal strings of noise. I think you already know that.

Comment

You don't appreciate the experimental outcome???

But yeah...Sounds like plan. Will keep it mind for upcoming theoretic experimentations (no promises though..I will try those damn macacques are hard to come by...tho they do like wanking) ...but eh, they can't sound much worse than some of the armchair maestro's (you know ..the one's you never hear actually play anything) out there that are so full of ...umm ..theoretics

Youtube

Comment

Working...
                            X