Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phantasmagoria
    replied
    And finally we arrive at the scientifically shredtastic formula for "Terminal velocity"

Proving conclusively a shred factor of 10/10

Leave a comment:

• Phantasmagoria
    replied
    Haha ...well more of a monologue than a convo

But yeah...definitely a lot of fun

Leave a comment:

• nexion218
    replied
    I really don't want to interrupt the convo, but looks like you're having fun with this guitar!

Leave a comment:

• Phantasmagoria
    replied

Yes, at first glance it does look like I just drew a stiffy in my pants...but then we must look deeper...

Leave a comment:

• Phantasmagoria
    replied
    ...and a closer look at the deciding factor:

Leave a comment:

• Phantasmagoria
    replied
    After solving the following equation;

..and plotting all the musically theoretic variables on a pie chart I was able to jam this solo using the obvious outcome

Leave a comment:

• Phantasmagoria
    replied
    I was just re-re-re watching "Herbert West ; Re-animator" (one of my all-time faves) and I had a "eureka" moment.

It was time to explore the scientific principle of inversion - as applied to music theory. Now we've all heard of inverted chords..but this is an inverted solo, more specifically an inversion of the solo above ....melodically & emotionally tapped during the verse instead of the chorus! (then the chorus is the slow boring filler).

This creates an interesting yet unexpected dichotomy that's (often) theoretically sound

Leave a comment:

• Phantasmagoria
    replied

Another go with the bridge pup

Using trignometric principles I was able to dangle the $20 mic in it's optimal position for sweetass tone

New backing track...cuz boredom

Now there's probably people out there that say this is'nt quantum physics ..it's all about fun, fingers and feel, but they're wrong of course

Leave a comment:

• Phantasmagoria
    replied
    ...and now with my Grote semi-hollow body (Fockin Rocket Queen neck pup)..just for some perspective..

Thought I'd intersperse the slower meandering bits with some tappier & shreddier bits for added contrast & then study the outcome using venn diagrams

Leave a comment:

• Phantasmagoria
    replied
    haha..here I am doing all this super-scientific tone experimentation & I totally FORGOT all about the neck pup!

Got to remedy that..

As I said before, I'm sick af with that last backing track ..so time to move on

Back to the Laboga head & IRT cab with the Zoom & $20 mic

This one's kinda more laid-back & chill sounding ..just a nice long, sweet. meandering jam

Normally hardly use my neck pup but this one's actually pretty cool/usable ...I actually had'nt even tried it since I first bought the guitar and checked it to see it was working. But after jamming with it a bit I think it sounds phenomenal. The EQ is perfect, no flab & cuts through like a knife but it's still really round-sounding, sweet & tuneful. Joins the Dean/DMT MAB Hands without Shadows & Fockin Rocket Queen as my fave neck pup's
    Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 08-06-2021, 10:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Phantasmagoria
    replied
    even more nuances..

Don't want it to come off as self-indulgence or anything (cuz it's more like self-sacrifice) & yeah, I know it's all for science...but gotta say I'm kinda bored with this track now

Leave a comment:

• Phantasmagoria
    replied
    More subtle tonal nuances

Dispensed with the mic'ed cab & plugged it into my Mooer GE300 (Randall T2 "Tone Capture" Profile) = fun, yet scientific times...

Leave a comment:

• Phantasmagoria
    replied
    Another day = a new approach:

Time to check it (Cort X11) out with a different 30W amp (to pick out the subtle tonal nuances)

Leave a comment:

• Phantasmagoria
    replied
    haha..well it's finally been moved to the guitar shop

More tone comparisons..

I thought ..(since this thread took a bit of a turn & is now all about guitar science) "Eh..since we're here ..why not compare JB clone's??" ..so I did

No-name Kramer

Vs. Dean/DMT Baker Act.

Leave a comment:

• playas
    replied
    Nice amp

Looks cool

Leave a comment:

Working...
X