Can a Tusq CL nut be polished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a Tusq CL nut be polished

Does anyone out there know if a Tusq XL nut can be polished to a gloss finish? I need a new nut and have the appropriate nut on order but I’d like to know if gloss is possible or not.

Thanks!

I never tried, so I can't say.
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Don't see any reason why it couldn't be. I'd try a polish made specifically for plastics.
      "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

I'd be inclined to try some armor all on one if looking for a shine. I bet that would work pretty well.
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

No expert here but I'd be surprised to hear that plastic can be polished from a matte to a shine. AFAIK it's manufactured glossy. But hey, anything's possible I suppose. Let us know!
          Originally posted by crusty philtrum
          Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
          http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

if nothing else you can spray a thick layer of clear over it and polish that
            EHD
            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by alex1fly View Post
              No expert here but I'd be surprised to hear that plastic can be polished from a matte to a shine. AFAIK it's manufactured glossy. But hey, anything's possible I suppose. Let us know!
              Tusq isn’t plastic. It’s a ceramic material.
              You can polish it just like bone.

And it’s very easy to polish plastic to a high gloss. Nitro cellulose is plastic.

These were that matte finish like you see on EMGs. I polished them the same way you would a lacquer finish (wet sanding and a buffing wheel). They look glossier in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DavidRavenMoon View Post

Tusq isn’t plastic. It’s a ceramic material.
                You can polish it just like bone.

And it’s very easy to polish plastic to a high gloss. Nitro cellulose is plastic.

These were that matte finish like you see on EMGs. I polished them the same way you would a lacquer finish (wet sanding and a buffing wheel). They look glossier in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Nice! Hey, the more you know
                Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
                http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Working...
                X