banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD: Heritage 535 (Opinion on Headstock Repairs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: Heritage 535 (Opinion on Headstock Repairs)

I found a cool 2009 Heritage H535 at my guitar center. The price was basically a steal. Played it, loved it, got it. Ive been wanting a blonde 335 guitar that would not kill me and this ticked those boxes.

The only thing is, the price is due to a repaired headstock and neck. I played it and it played great and the repairs seemed good, but I would love some opinions.

You are supposed to ask our opinion before you buy it!

It looks good. How does it feel?
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

If the repairs are holding, fine - but the value would be improved if the repairs actually looked good....
      aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

The neck looks fine.

Your photography, however, leaves a lot to be desired.

FOCUS!

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          You are supposed to ask our opinion before you buy it!

It looks good. How does it feel?
          It feels great to play. And i can feel it a bit when i run my finger over it but besides that the guitar itself plays great and I really dig it. I have to spend more time with it to really get a grasp but I thought I was not gonna own something like this anytime soon.

I agree the repairs do not look the best and the guitar itself is not pristine but I really think it adds to the mojo. Someone was playing this guitar a alot.

And yes my photography is not skilled but a bad photographer blames his tools so it was my phone's fault.

Comment

Hey, if you dig it, and it is stable, then you have a cool guitar. Heritage makes pretty amazing stuff.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Not the cleanest repair, but should be fine as long as it holds. There isn't a lot of benefit in trying to clean up the repair unless/until it breaks again.

Comment

Do you have any info on the repair? If it was done correctly, it might be more stable than when new.

does it remain in tune while playing it?
                Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

I do not have info on the repair but I've been playing it and it has not really gone out of tune at all.

Comment

The guy you bought it from didn't sell it because it was a great guitar that he wanted to take a significant loss on

There's something up with it
                    You may not notice
                    let the tension off the strings and see if you can feel it less with your fingers

Post back and let's hope my theory isn't correct
                    EHD
                    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Man don't sweat it, if it holding tune and seems stable appreciate the deal and don't look back. You can always get it cleaned up and paint a stinger if the look bothers you
                      My Bands -
                      https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                      www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                      www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                      GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

I would still take the tension off and see if the crack moves

If it flattens back out then the repair is coming apart
                        EHD
                        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
                        X