Jackson dinky duncan to emg swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson dinky duncan to emg swap

Got this a while back and installed a duncan tb6 in the bridge and really liked the extra output and how it slightly overdrove my amp more then all my ebay pickups do. It was a little chimney for me. Very trebly. After lots of research into other duncan models and other brands and there models I decided to go with an emg 81. The 81 by far is the best pickup for metallica for me. Go figure right, lol. It came delivered missing the pot nuts but was refunded enough from guitar center to purchase 2 new pots just for there nuts. Great customer service imo. I got some single coil blanks and sanded them to look similar to the 81. Ordered some new knobs too. Might try the 18v mod but as of right now the sound is fine. I will update with another picture once I get all the parts delivered.

The jackson is now a single humbucker setup. For now... it has two single coil blanks that are sanded to try to match the 81 texture. I probably will keep it that way.

I put the tb6 into my ibanez and changed the strings from the skinny to heavy bottom to some power slinkys. The 10 52s were just too bassy for the tb6 for my amp. Fender lt25. The ibanez may end up with an 81/85 or 81/60 set in the future but for now its nice.

Eq`ing the lt25 is easier with the emgs then with the duncan BTW. I don't know why but the 81 is more user friendly to set up.

Thanks for reading and have a nice day.
    Brad

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210726_121313.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	6099113 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210726_125855.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	6099114 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210726_125812.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	6099115 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210405_161247.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	6099116

So much red! I bet the Jackson would be cool with a Sustainer in the neck.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I've heard of those. Would it work with the emg in the bridge?

Comment

And thanks. The Jackson is my favorite too.

Comment

I love the 81, especially with the 18V mod.. that looks killer, bet it sounds awesome too. Enjoy
          "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
          If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Working...
          X