banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD Fender Vintera Roadworn 60's Stratocaster LPB and Deluxe Tele Thinline!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD Fender Vintera Roadworn 60's Stratocaster LPB and Deluxe Tele Thinline!

Love em!

Fender has really stepped up their game recently IMO, these have features that are usually only found on USA guitars and the fit & finish is amazing. I would really like to own a 'real' USA strat one day but right now I'm good
    I did own a Professional Telecaster before but I sold it because I just didn't feel it somehow. Especially the pale maple neck put me off after a while. Also the pickups were very generic and uninspiring.

These seem equally as well made but with more desirable features and much better pickups. I expected the (vintage)noiseless pickups to sound good on the tele but did not expect the stock vintera pickups to sound so good. I absolutely love them!

The roadworn is one of the 2nd run, with less relic done, absolutely delicious guitar. I traded in my PRS SE for it and I consider it a big step up guitar wise. It's my first relic guitar and I enjoy the experience. It really feels like it has been around much longer that it has, it's tastefully done. Only the pits around the jackplate are questionable, nobody is that drunk when they pick up their guitar?

I actually like the Pau Ferro fretboard, It's not one of those orange babypoo coloured that you see sometimes, it's properly brown and streaky which i like. Feels fine, I have a light touch anyway. Tonewise I have no clue but this guitar sounds great, I doubt that a 'proper' rosewood board would make a big enough difference to notice.
    Lovely nitro finish in my favorite colour LPB!
    Now I did have to do some work on it: it had fret sprout and the nut was pinching the strings. Luckily I can do these things myself, rolled the fingerboard edges a bit too while I was at it, much better and feels more in line with the road worn looks.

The Tele is something else, very modern feeling, very smooth, slick and fast feeling. Very much a little shredder guitar in disguise! Although it does have a racing car vibe to it which I dig a lot. The neck has a nice tint to it. it came set up great and the frets are very nicely done. Only had to tweak the intonation a bit.

Do you guys have the same experience with these?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3214 (2).jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.2 KB ID:	6099182
    Last edited by Nightburst; 07-26-2021, 04:31 PM.

Beautiful Strat!
    ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
    2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
    Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

Very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
      X