NGD 80’s Electra X-140

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD 80’s Electra X-140

Made in Japan. Brass bridge, nut, and knobs. Hardtail, very solid guitar. Sounds great. Has a 3 way with a mini switch that I believe adds the middle in with the bridge or neck… but I haven’t taken the pickguard off to investigate what it actually does.

So if anyone can tell me more about this guitar, it would be much appreciated! Such as what exactly the mini switch does. I will take off the pickguard eventually.
    ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
    2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
    Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Family photo
    ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
    2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
    Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

Elektra was an importer of the Matsumoku factory, among dozens of others just like them (vs. Teisco, which was another, the 'other' different manufacturer)
      Whenever I see a Matsumoko lineage guitar, whatever the name on the headstock is, I drop that name and just call them Matsumoku's.
      I've had several of my own over the years, mostly 335 type hollowbodies. Aria, Conrad, Greco, some others.
      There were dozens of importers who would order a quantity from Matsumoku and slap their name on them.
      In the middle-to-late 60's, they usually had really skinny necks with smaller scales (24.5" many times), like they were made for really small Asian hands.
      In the '70's when the export trade to the West really started taking off, they did modernize everything more toward standard Fender or Gibson architectures.
      They didn't care, they were just a manufacturer/exporter of guitar 'widgets', and whatever sold more, that's what they'd make.

What yours specifically does, I have not a clue.

Comment

I remember playing those back in the 80's they are very serviceable guitars. And I am very partial to lipstick red on guitars. Nice score.

Comment

I know the current owner of the Electra brand...what a cool piece!
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
          X