banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone reverse-angle their strat's bridge pickup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Benjy_26 View Post

Is the inherent voicing of the Red sensor unsuitable for positioning it in this manner?
    From my experience, yeah. The Red already has less high end and more bass then a normal single coil, closer too a P90 if you ask me. If you're current setup is too bright or thin, or you feel there is too much difference in EQ or volume between the strings, I'd say give it a try.
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post

Back in the 50's, in order to cut through, it had to be that way to be heard. Everything electric guitar was so new that Leo engineered it to work in the situations of the time.

I've thought about having a pickguard made for my Squier Classic Vibe with the reverse slant bridge. I don't want to have to drill holes on it though. I'd rather it be a drop in replacement. But at the same time I like how it looks and plays now so I'm going to leave it as-is.
      Warmoth makes great custom pickguards. I had one made for my Strat but not in the reverse configuration. Mine is an HSS.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Charvel-DK22-scaled.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	6102247

Charvel does this. Other colors areblue and black, but I love this gold one.
        Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Originally posted by Synapsys View Post
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Charvel-DK22-scaled.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	6102247

Charvel does this. Other colors areblue and black, but I love this gold one.
          That looks NICE.
          Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

The only gripe I have about my PRS 305 is it doesn’t have a pickguard, so I can’t try this.
            “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Working...
            X