Firebird Sounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firebird Sounds

Still in love with my Epiphone (inspired by Gibson) Firebird. Realistically probably the closest I'll ever get to a Gibson Firebird.

Any if you out there with Firebirds that have the mini humbuckers ever feel an SG vibe?

When I plug in to my drive channel (modified Marshall/Friedman BE circuit) I'll hit an A power chord and it's THAT classic ACDC
    flavored rock sound to a T.

The original overwound modern FB pickups in my reissue sounded like a lower powered Les Paul, kind of like a LP Deluxe. I put SD antiquity FB pickups in and its like The Rolling Stones and any vintage record with FBs; has a slight Fender twang to it and groovy mids on the bridge with some grit and gain.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldfart_Shredman View Post
      Still in love with my Epiphone (inspired by Gibson) Firebird. Realistically probably the closest I'll ever get to a Gibson Firebird.

Any if you out there with Firebirds that have the mini humbuckers ever feel an SG vibe?

When I plug in to my drive channel (modified Marshall/Friedman BE circuit) I'll hit an A power chord and it's THAT classic ACDC
      flavored rock sound to a T.
      Are you feeling a SG vibe, or a Gretsch vibe?
      Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjy_26 View Post

Are you feeling a SG vibe, or a Gretsch vibe?
        Definitely more Angus than Malcom with the brightness lol.

I've never been fortunate enough to play a Gretsch sad to say.

Comment

My Kauer Banshee has Lollars and I always compare them to a big spanky single coil.

Comment

you have the old style banshee?

My firebird is the modern ceramic pickups that people don't seem to feel are vintage authentic but I'm not sure I care because I'm not chasing some magic from before I was born

Comment

I'm not sute exactly how but the vol and tone pots react differently on the Firebird than any other guitar I've ever had.

Down from 10 to 8-ish on the vol knob is perfect for rhythm. You can literally feel the non existent notch where it happens at when you turn it, it's a pretty sudden drop off but not a 10 down to a 5 kind of thing.

On the tone knob if you've got a really good sound going on but it's a bit too bright with the Firebird pickups, again rolling down from 10 to 8-ish and it's about as perfect as I've ever seen on a guitar.

Comment

Working...
              X