banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fooling around with different pedals/effects...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fooling around with different pedals/effects...

I build them for a living, but I still dabble around and do some things just for fun.
    Right now I am making a Phase90 clone.
    I'm also fooling around with some reverb and robotalk/pitchshifter, later on maybe a dist/od pedal with several stage of different kinds of clipping methods.
    And some Flanger might also be a fun thing to fool around with.
    Plus I am hacking up one of our 9v overdrives with assymetrical coupled Germanium diodes.....hehe they do not play very loud them buggers
    All this I do in between other things, so sometimes it takes a great amount of time to get them working, but I hope that the phaser will done soon.
    I have always loved the MXR phaser sound, and buying one has gotten rather expensive......uh!
    So now I am just hardwiring one.....no true bypass or much else, I will use it in the combinator any ways so no bypass troubles.
    So any of you having fun with something??

Re: Fooling around with different pedals/effects...

While I don't build them, I have a cool little boutique dirt box with 3 different gain effects, a ring mod, some interesting gating, self oscillator circuit, and a chaotic tremolo type gate.

My favorite setting on it makes gives this super lo-fi gated fuzz that sounds like all your speakers are blown.

It's just too bad Tim doesn't make them anymore.

I think you should go for that 8 gain stage dirt box. It sounds interesting.
    || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

I got a Micro Vibe "demo" from Reverend for $109. Liked it so much I got a Superfuzz, too. Now I'm considering the Analog Chorus. Haha.

I also have a Maxon Distortion Master on the way, because I love the Overdrive Pro so much. It's not that it's so PHAT as that it's very harmonically rich.

I'm also diggin' my blue tele through John "pedal tweaker"'s modded Boss DS-1.

pretty soon I'll have to change my sig!
      "music heals"
      facebook

Comment

I saw this pedal recently, made by a Japanese electronics wizard, called a Tacky Drive.
        Its basically a similar idea to yours, with all kinds of buttons and switches that reconfigure the circuitry to use different clipping methods. I'd like to actually play on one.

One thing I like about the Line 6 pedals is that I can find sounds that can't be found in most analog pedals, or at least the one's I have access to. I don't step on my Line 6's to hear tremolo, chorus, vibe, or flanger. Those need to be analog. I look at the L6 stuff as a tool to find strange sounds that are almost accidents. If you manipulate the stangest sounds you can find, and even mix some, you'll end up with sounds that make other players ask you what they are. The reason modeling pedals are so popular is because they're so easy to navigate. Simply find the sound you want, then hold down the button for 14 seconds to save it. I'm a caveman. I don't have time to scroll through pages of parameters.
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
          I build them for a living, but I still dabble around and do some things just for fun.
          Right now I am making a Phase90 clone.
          I'm also fooling around with some reverb and robotalk/pitchshifter, later on maybe a dist/od pedal with several stage of different kinds of clipping methods.
          And some Flanger might also be a fun thing to fool around with.
          Plus I am hacking up one of our 9v overdrives with assymetrical coupled Germanium diodes.....hehe they do not play very loud them buggers
          All this I do in between other things, so sometimes it takes a great amount of time to get them working, but I hope that the phaser will done soon.
          I have always loved the MXR phaser sound, and buying one has gotten rather expensive......uh!
          So now I am just hardwiring one.....no true bypass or much else, I will use it in the combinator any ways so no bypass troubles.
          So any of you having fun with something??
          Stop taking your work home with you ... and get me those specs ... ...
          ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
          ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
          Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Yes sir

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
              Yes sir
              ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
              ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
              Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Nevertheless I got hung up in the phase90
                hehe

Comment

Working...
                X