NGD! PRS content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD! PRS content

Complete impulse buy last night. Traded a PRS S2 and a rare Ibanez for it and couldn’t be happier. Only catch is no hard case, but it has all paperwork which is really what matters.

2014 PRS SC245

And the guitars I traded for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That 245 is eye candy. I bet that axe is gonna be a player.
    Epiphone Les Paul Tbte Plus (SD custom shop humbucker & SH2b neck)

Comment

looks great! whats the color called? seems pretty unique

Comment

That's beautiful! I really like the top and I'm usually not one for tops like that.

Comment

Very cool guitar, enjoy!

Comment

Thanks guys! Can’t wait to get home and plug it in!

Comment

Looks good. I had a P245 for awhile, and while I don’t regret selling it, knowing what I know now I wouldn’t mind having it back.

What’s yours have for pickups? They don’t appear stock.
              || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Originally posted by some_dude View Post
                Looks good. I had a P245 for awhile, and while I don’t regret selling it, knowing what I know now I wouldn’t mind having it back.

What’s yours have for pickups? They don’t appear stock.
                The pickups is what makes this guitar quite special. They’re PRS 1957/2008. Only 250 of these SC245 with these pickups were made. Apparently Mr. Smith got a hold of Gibson’s pickup winding machine, the wire, and even the magnets they used in their late 50’s PAF pups. 1957 is the pickup voice they shot for, and 2008 being the year they got the machine.

Comment

Originally posted by 1neeto View Post

The pickups is what makes this guitar quite special. They’re PRS 1957/2008. Only 250 of these SC245 with these pickups were made. Apparently Mr. Smith got a hold of Gibson’s pickup winding machine, the wire, and even the magnets they used in their late 50’s PAF pups. 1957 is the pickup voice they shot for, and 2008 being the year they got the machine.

57/08s should have the name etched into the front of them. Those covers are plain.

Here’s an example from another 2014 SC245:

Comment

57/08s should have the name etched into the front of them. Those covers are plain.

Here’s an example from another 2014 SC245:

Zoom on the bottom right corner. The covers are oddly scratched, as if someone tried to polish it and ended up scratching it. But the 57/08 etching is there.

Comment

Originally posted by 1neeto View Post

Zoom on the bottom right corner. The covers are oddly scratched, as if someone tried to polish it and ended up scratching it. But the 57/08 etching is there.
                      Ah! That also explains why they looked like brushed nickel. I thought maybe someone had installed Bare Knuckles or something.

Either way, it looks cool. There’s millions of perfect looking PRS that rarely leave their cases. That one actually looks like it gets played.

Comment

Ah! That also explains why they looked like brushed nickel. I thought maybe someone had installed Bare Knuckles or something.

Either way, it looks cool. There’s millions of perfect looking PRS that rarely leave their cases. That one actually looks like it gets played.
                        Yeah it was definitely played, but also taken cared of. Not a single ding on that body. Maybe the previous owner went for that brushed nickel look. I don’t mind it, it gives the guitar mojo.

Comment

Is that a Holdsworth you traded?
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                            Is that a Holdsworth you traded?
                            Yep. Had it for about 6 years and promised myself to keep it. It was in a bit rough shape which I think would keep it from gaining too much value. I valued it at 800-1000.

So the deal was the S2 which I value at around $1100 since it had JB/Jazz pups and tortoise pick guard, and the AH-10. So I got that 245 for $2200 give or take if he re sells those guitars at top value.

If I didn’t rush this deal, I would’ve re-installed the factory pickups on the S2, but the deal is done. Everything happened in the space of two hours or so.

Comment

Great trade, nice guitar. 57/08s are great pickups, among my very favorite PAF types.
                              "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Working...
                              X