No announcement yet.

NGD! PRS content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely a great trade. The S2 series is excellent, but the Core models are just the stuff.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

I certainly like the PRS, but I would have found a way to keep that Holdsworth. It is one of my favorite models he ever used.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by 1neeto View Post
        Complete impulse buy last night. Traded a PRS S2 and a rare Ibanez for it and couldn’t be happier. Only catch is no hard case, but it has all paperwork which is really what matters.

2014 PRS SC245

And the guitars I traded for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Beautiful green on that McCarty.

If you don't mind disclosing, did the trade-in of your 2 former guitars cover most of the cost of the new McCarty, or not really?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Jack_TriPpEr; 09-01-2021, 10:49 PM.
        Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_TriPpEr View Post
          Beautiful green on that McCarty.

If you don't mind disclosing, did the trade-in of your 2 former guitars cover most of the cost of the new McCarty, or not really?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thanks! Well, a new core McCarty goes for what, $3500 at the low end, to 4+ grand? At top dollar, the S2 is maybe 1200, and the AH-10 $1100. The AH-10 was missing key components that would make it a $2000+ guitar. The case is missing, and there’s quite a few blemishes. Tons of mojo for sure, but to a collector, condition is everything. I listed that guitar about a year ago for $800. Not a single bite.

So let’s say both my guitars are valued at $2300, let’s say $2500 as the very top dollar. Can you find a new core McCarty for $2500 or less?

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
            I certainly like the PRS, but I would have found a way to keep that Holdsworth. It is one of my favorite models he ever used.
            My friend just told me that I know where the guitar is if I ever want it back. We trade gear back and forth all the time, it’s quite funny since it’s almost like we just long term rent our gear to each other.

Comment

I've no doubt the PRS is great, but I'm also totally digging the Holdsworth .
              Originally posted by dominus
              Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Bye-banez
                Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
                http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Originally posted by Ashurbanipal View Post
                  I've no doubt the PRS is great, but I'm also totally digging the Holdsworth .
                  I’m trying to not think too much about it. I’ll update in a week when the honeymoon phase is over.

Comment

Very nice! Congrats!!

Comment

So I put her against my LP Studio. It was fun and very enlightening to play them back to back. I did not roll the tone pot all the way down, I went exactly halfway on both guitars. Tone on 0 was just too dark and muddy.

Comment

Originally posted by 1neeto View Post
                        So I put her against my LP Studio. It was fun and very enlightening to play them back to back. I did not roll the tone pot all the way down, I went exactly halfway on both guitars. Tone on 0 was just too dark and muddy.

Nice!
                        That PRS is gorgeous!

You know, I almost never hear people complain about the PRS stock pickups. They make great pickups.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post

Nice!
                          That PRS is gorgeous!

You know, I almost never hear people complain about the PRS stock pickups. They make great pickups.
                          Thanks! They sound great for sure. No reason to ever change them.

Comment

That close-up shot of the neck shows that PRS knows how to do frets and neck binding the way they should be done...fret ends filed at about 20 degrees (instead of the insanely common 35 degrees), and no binding nubs (like Gibson) but frets over the binding (like Epi does).
                            Originally Posted by IanBallard
                            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
                              That close-up shot of the neck shows that PRS knows how to do frets and neck binding the way they should be done...fret ends filed at about 20 degrees (instead of the insanely common 35 degrees), and no binding nubs (like Gibson) but frets over the binding (like Epi does).
                              That’s a detail I had no idea about. This neck does feel fantastic, and part of it is probably because of what you just mentioned.

A few weeks with this guitar and she gets lots of play. But I still tend to gravitate more towards my LP studio.

Comment

Working...
                              X