banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

24-fret hardtail guitar in white or natural... what are my options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24-fret hardtail guitar in white or natural... what are my options?

Hi all.

Title says it all. Looking for a 24-fret (6-string) hardtail guitar, preferably in a shade of white or a natural finish, as all my other guitars seem to be.

I've googled my best to see what my options are, but i'm sure i've missed out on a whole lot that a forum might be able to bring to my attention

First, tell us the ones you have....
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Off the top of my head, Schecter, Ibanez, and Solar make guitars like that. I bet most any of the Asian imports do too, adding Jackson and LTD to the list.
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Best guitar I have ever owned in terms of playability tone and even response across the neck is my hardtail pearl white Carvin ( now Kiesel) DC 600.
        Might want to take a hard look at these. Owned maybe 30 or so of these guitars over the years and about anything else you can name. Never had any guitar that sustains like this thing ever. Had it a few weeks now cant put it down! https://www.kieselguitars.com/catalog/guitars/dc600
        Last edited by Ascension; 09-03-2021, 08:01 AM.
        Guitars
        Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
        Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

There are some PRS SEs with natural finish. Mostly special runs. Probably some S2s and Core models too, but I don't run in those circles.
            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
            Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
            http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

I second Billie's suggestions. Never had a Charvel, but there are two models I've been jonesing for in the last year or so...
              Last edited by Synapsys; 09-04-2021, 11:35 PM.
              Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

You can also pull finish off of something painted, if you don't mind grunt work and a slightly less-than-perfect result.
                Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
                http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Another vote for the Charvels.

Comment

Another vote for the Charvel's.
                    That is not dead which can eternal lie,
                    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Comment

I think most modern companies these days offer this, from Solar to Aristides, Kiesel to the Charvel above. You can always build a nice Warmoth. too.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                      X