banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD - Cutlass CT50 HSS in Vintage Cream!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - Cutlass CT50 HSS in Vintage Cream!

Wasn't planning on buying this year, but I couldn't resist the feature set at the price point!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Zd3fTmj.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	6109118

Congrats! I've heard those are excellent instruments!
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      Congrats! I've heard those are excellent instruments!
      Thanks! It's obviously only been a few days, but I really dig this guitar. For $500 USD, you get things like a roasted maple neck and locking tuners, and the fit and finish are excellent. The pickups are also shockingly good for being stock Sterling pups. I'm surprised by how crunchy the bridge pickup sounds distorted playing Megadeth, even though it's only around 8k DCR. Setup was excellent out of the box. I plan to make this my "light to moderate rocking" guitar and so far it has not disappointed!

Comment

Grats! How’s the neck?

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
          Grats! How’s the neck?
          Really nice! No blemishes or issues. No fret sprout. Fingerboard edges are quite smooth. It's a thicker neck than my other guitars and I'm liking that so far. The heel is a bit on the chunky side but access to the upper frets is totally fine.

Comment

Originally posted by weepingminotaur View Post

Really nice! No blemishes or issues. No fret sprout. Fingerboard edges are quite smooth. It's a thicker neck than my other guitars and I'm liking that so far. The heel is a bit on the chunky side but access to the upper frets is totally fine.
            Very nice! Have fun

Comment

Sterling has been knocking it out of the park with their various models.

Comment

Sterling makes amazing instruments at a fraction of the EBMM instruments. I own a Sterling Majesty, and it rivals my USA made instruments in build quality and craftsmanship. It certainly blows MIM Fender away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good to know about the chunkier necks. I love my Albert Lee HH. Still, the neck is tiny - not just thin but also narrow.
                  "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

The pickups are also shockingly good for being stock Sterling pups.
                    This is a slightly misleading statement. You sound good, the pickups just translate that into a signal that your amp can understand.
                    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                    Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post

This is a slightly misleading statement. You sound good, the pickups just translate that into a signal that your amp can understand.
                      I agree because SBMM pickups are not the greatest. They’re adequate, but most people will change them.

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post

I appreciate that.

Haven't had a lot of time to practice and play recently. This Sterling is giving me incentive to get back to it!

Comment

Originally posted by 1neeto View Post

I agree because SBMM pickups are not the greatest. They’re adequate, but most people will change them.

I can see that. I may have exaggerated a bit by calling them "shockingly good." I think I was expecting them to be garbage, so getting useable tones out of them was a very pleasant surprise.

In the long term, yeah, I'll probably swap them out. They're vintage output, though (4k/4k/8k). Not sure if I'll stay vintage or go a little hotter...

Comment

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post
                            Good to know about the chunkier necks. I love my Albert Lee HH. Still, the neck is tiny - not just thin but also narrow.
                            I wonder if any SBMM necks are the same size as their MM counterparts. I love my 2 EMBB necks, though they are small- my hands are small, too.

Comment

I can see that. I may have exaggerated a bit by calling them "shockingly good." I think I was expecting them to be garbage, so getting useable tones out of them was a very pleasant surprise.

In the long term, yeah, I'll probably swap them out. They're vintage output, though (4k/4k/8k). Not sure if I'll stay vintage or go a little hotter...
                              No, they’re not absolute garbage, I can get some decent tones out of my Majesty with stock pickups. But there’s some times I can hear its shortcomings. But can’t even get pickups nowadays, I’ve been waiting on a neck pickup from Dimarzio since February.

Comment

Working...
                              X