Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me choose a color scheme.

Hello all.

I recently purchased a MIJ Fender Floyd Rose Strat, that, to be perfectly honest, is pretty beat. It does have a mice neck, good frets, and sounds pretty freaking great unplugged.

I have a bunch of other strats (HSS, SSS, and quasi-TSS), and decided to use this one to fill a niche sound. I'll be installing a Lace Blue/Silver/Red set into this guitar. Before I order, I need to decide what color pickguard to go with.

At this time, I'm leaning towards a Warmoth vintage pearloid 'guard with cream pickups and knobs.

What would you guys do?

BTW, it's getting a matching, chrome output jack plate.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

I think it looks great with black, and cream pickups & knobs would work nicely against black too.
    But I bet pearloid could look good. How about grey pearloid with cream plastics?
    "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post
      I think it looks great with black, and cream pickups & knobs would work nicely against black too.
      But I bet pearloid could look good. How about grey pearloid with cream plastics?
      Grey pearloid might work. I really don't like black 'guards, though.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

Comment

Replace the trem with a black one, replace pickguard with one in any solid color and with holes for HS and a toggle switch, voila...you get yourself a DIY Charvel So Cal.

Comment

I think black pearl would be my choice.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Black pickguard, white pickups, silver hardware.
            Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
            This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

With that color Black Pearl would be my 1st with White pearl my 2nd.
              Guitars
              Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
              Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

red tortoise would be nice looking

Last edited by ehdwuld; 09-13-2021, 10:38 AM.
                EHD
                Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post

I'm feeling that red pearl. Hell, now I'm even thinking of brown tort....

Comment

That's exactly what I came to say
                    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                    Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Precisely. Or brown tortoise
                      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                      Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
                      http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Working...
                      X