Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tubes for my amp?

Hi there,
    I own an Engl screamer 50 combo amp which is loaded with 4 14AX7 and 2 6L6GC. I want it to give me the loudest saturation possible. I would like to know what tubes you would recommend for this amp to obtain a killer saturation. Thanks.

Re: Tubes for my amp?

Do you need to new power tubes yet?

Anyway, the set I'd recommend for your particular amp is 2 Svetlana =C= (winged C)
    6L6's, 1 GT 12AX7M (Mullard copy) $23 for the 1st position, and Tesla JJ 12AX7 (ecc83's) for the other pre tubes. You'll get them fastest, cheapest from Todd, the dealer in my signature's link.

Svetlana 6L6's are durable, resistant to vibration, and have a big, fat, growly breakup.
    The GT mullard copy is the fattest gainiest pre tube you'll ever try.
    The JJ's are fat, sound great, and are cheap.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser

Anyway, the set I'd recommend for your particular amp is 2 Svetlana =C= (winged C)
      6L6's, 1 GT 12AX7M (Mullard copy) $23 for the 1st position, and Tesla JJ 12AX7 (ecc83's) for the other pre tubes. You'll get them fastest, cheapest from Todd, the dealer in my signature's link.

Svetlana 6L6's are durable, resistant to vibration, and have a big, fat, growly breakup.
      Now that the GT's are out, how would that sound in my JCM 600 V1 pos as opposed to the JJ that I currently have in?
      '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser

Thanks for advice. I'm gonna order all that stuff ASAP. The link for revolution guitar doesn't work at this time. Is there another way to contact them?

Comment

Originally posted by crompf
          Thanks for advice. I'm gonna order all that stuff ASAP. The link for revolution guitar doesn't work at this time. Is there another way to contact them?
          Works for me??? Try again! Revolution Guitars really is the best place to get tubes, IMO.

Comment

Working...
          X