No announcement yet.

NGD: 1980 Gibson Howard Roberts Fusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's beautiful. I love the shape and specs on it. It may not be a Byrdland, but I'd rip some Nugent licks on that thing.

Enjoy it.

Comment

Grats, very unique guitar. Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
        I'm jealous now
        thats awesome

is the body thick like a 175
        I know you said it was thicker than a 335
        It is thicker than an LP, less than a 175. When I have it out, I can measure. My guess is somewhere like 2.5".
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

OMG, Dave, that is totally awesome. Congrats. It's a gorgeous guitar. Me want.
          Originally Posted by IanBallard
          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Congrats on the find, Mincer!
            Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

I used the guitar for rehearsal, and yeah, I think I am going to replace the pickups. The tarback is the biggest problem, which sounds like the tone knob is turned down half way. I have to do some cleaning of the 3 way switch, and possible replacement of the jack, too. But it is a great playing instrument. I am thinking ne10xt
              .week for the fun pickup sugery through the F holes, but I might use the guitar for 1 set this weekend.
              //;.

Comment

Are those Rush - Moving Pictures tunes riffs I'm hearing?

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
                  Are those Rush - Moving Pictures tunes riffs I'm hearing?
                  Yeah, he used one about that time. I didn't know about that until much later.

Comment

Sweet blues/Jazz/Fusion ride!!!!

That Shawbucker should bring enough to buy a set of whatever you want....

The obvious answer is Seths, or Maple Block / Ebony, maybe A2P's...
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Those are awesome! Especially the first models. Great score, sure you'll love it! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                        Sweet blues/Jazz/Fusion ride!!!!

That Shawbucker should bring enough to buy a set of whatever you want....

The obvious answer is Seths, or Maple Block / Ebony, maybe A2P's...
                        Nah I will keep both pickups. I have an Antiquity Restrospect (not aged- looks like a brand new pickup) set sitting on the shelf. The Shawbucker is certainly the better of the 2 pickups in there. But the Ants will absolutely sound great in this thing.

Comment

Lovely. Indeed, the guitar has a maple block form the centre to help reduce feedback but it is completely floating, separated from the top and back and neither connected to the heel of the neck nor the belly of the instrument. The Fusion 1 models were very different to the subsequent incarnations. Pickups were both Tarbacks although the bridge was a Bill Lawrence designed Super Humbucking pickup with Indox 7 ceramic magnet and the neck pickup was a variation of this but specifically tuned for jazz. Looks as though you have the original neck but that the bridge was replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by HRF View Post
                            Lovely. Indeed, the guitar has a maple block form the centre to help reduce feedback but it is completely floating, separated from the top and back and neither connected to the heel of the neck nor the belly of the instrument. The Fusion 1 models were very different to the subsequent incarnations. Pickups were both Tarbacks although the bridge was a Bill Lawrence designed Super Humbucking pickup with Indox 7 ceramic magnet and the neck pickup was a variation of this but specifically tuned for jazz. Looks as though you have the original neck but that the bridge was replaced.
                            Thanks for the info! I knew most of this, except for the bridge. Both neck and bridge pickups were a little on the hot side for actual jazz. And I used to own an HR III model, but that wasn't nearly as good as this one. What bridge originally came on these?

Comment

Superb! We have always looked like excellent instruments I hope to play one someday.

What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Comment

Originally posted by zionstrat View Post
                                Superb! We have always looked like excellent instruments I hope to play one someday.
                                Thanks! As a Norlin instrument, it actually isn't too heavy, either. I don't know if I'd want to do a 4 hour show with it, but I am used to my Music Man.

Comment

Working...
                                X