Jazz III fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jazz III fans

Anybody who digs the classic, small Jazz III, you need to check out the John Petrucci Trinity pick. It's an Ultex Jazz III with three points, so you get a little more shoulder to hang onto, and three times as much life from each pick.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

I want to try this. My pick is a delrin JazzIII shape with a tortex finish. I get them made by one of the custom pick companies. I want to try one of these JP picks.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I can't imagine you won't like it. It feels and plays like a Jazz III, but you can relax the grip a little since there's more to hang onto.

For the record, Delrin is what Tortex picks are made of. Ultem is Ultex, and the same material used for forever by Clayton.
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

I've always wished the Jazz III was a bit larger. It's so small it keeps getting knocked out of my hand. I play delicate, but sometimes I need to hit it a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
          I've always wished the Jazz III was a bit larger. It's so small it keeps getting knocked out of my hand. I play delicate, but sometimes I need to hit it a bit.
          Ever used the jazz III XLs? I haven't, just heard of them, but they're supposed to be larger.

Comment

Been using those for many years. Last time I bought a pack of those was about 5 years ago, and I still have 3 brand new inside. They do last forever. They are 1.5mm thick if you wonder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

JP has a bunch of sig picks, and I like the one you pictured above, but the one I'm talking about here is a different one. It's a three-pointed Jazz III.

Comment

I use carbon fiber max grip jazz3 and also the Trinity.

Don't like the xl jazz3.

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
                  JP has a bunch of sig picks, and I like the one you pictured above, but the one I'm talking about here is a different one. It's a three-pointed Jazz III.
                  Oh now I must search for this! You have any pics?

Comment

For fast technical riffing and especially shredding leads there is nothing better than the jp trinity IMO.
                    On cleans and chugging riffs I prefer the cf max grip jazz3. Something about the tip gives it a slightly rounder and warmer attack.

Overall if I had to take just one it would be the cf max-grip because it suits me well enough for all styles, except quick strumming for which I would take a regular red tortex .5mm .

Last edited by dave74; 10-03-2021, 04:05 PM.

Comment

The one linked above is the pick I’m referring to

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
                        The one linked above is the pick I’m referring to
                        Ordered a six pack off Amazon. Can’t wait to try it out.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                          The max-grip surface makes a big difference with the standard jazz3 size. They do max-grip on most of the jazz3 line now, nylon(red) and stiffo(black) too. IMO it makes more difference than going up in size to the XL-jazz3.

Comment

Originally posted by 1neeto View Post

Ordered a six pack off Amazon. Can’t wait to try it out.

It's crazy what a bargain these are! You just got 18 extremely durable tips for $6.

Comment

^ Agreed. Also, given the three point design, it’s extremely unlikely to use it oriented the same way every time you grab it, so any wear will be virtually unnoticeable for an extremely long time.

Comment

Working...
                              X