Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

Thank god I'm no alone.

I do need to get over my first impressions of Deans being those crapping import ones in the 90s that were in Pawn Shops in sort order, I know they are a quality instrument again for years and years....
    Dean still has those cheapy instruments they had in pawn shops. They are like Fender where they have something at every price point.
    Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Dean still has those cheapy instruments they had in pawn shops. They are like Fender where they have something at every price point.
      I think they are all better than that late 80s and 90s period right? I mean, they've been a real guitar maker since Armadillo acquired them from that interim company right?
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

I think they are all better than that late 80s and 90s period right? I mean, they've been a real guitar maker since Armadillo acquired them from that interim company right?
        They still make a bunch of low end stuff that is really bad. Their Custom Shop makes legit stuff but at $4k a guitar, there is a lot of competition.

Comment

They still make a bunch of low end stuff that is really bad
          The guitars themselves are not bad - but the pickups and electronics are basically junk on the bolt-on neck beginner stuff.
          Those little brown Evos, the day-glo Custom Zones, and the like play very well with a competent setup and sound great with aftermarket pickups.
          Better tuners would help, too - but the bones of the guitars are quite decent on average.
          The Dean dealer here in town (not GC) sold a bunch of them to their students and I set them up - everybody happy.

Believe it or not, that little ML ukulele sounds terrific plugged into a Marshall and cranked up.
          You wouldn't think nylon strings can play metal.... but they can - I've seen it done more than once.

aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

So, twice?
            Nobody knows, dude. Nobody knows.

Comment

Yes, as a matter of fact. It was a real crowd pleaser at music class concerts.

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post

The guitars themselves are not bad - but the pickups and electronics are basically junk on the bolt-on neck beginner stuff.
                Those little brown Evos, the day-glo Custom Zones, and the like play very well with a competent setup and sound great with aftermarket pickups.
                Better tuners would help, too - but the bones of the guitars are quite decent on average.
                The Dean dealer here in town (not GC) sold a bunch of them to their students and I set them up - everybody happy.

Believe it or not, that little ML ukulele sounds terrific plugged into a Marshall and cranked up.
                You wouldn't think nylon strings can play metal.... but they can - I've seen it done more than once.
                Yeah, if you upgrade them, they turn into nice little instruments. But their bad hardware and electronics are really bad.

Comment

So you agree with me.

Comment

I think I did.

Comment

Working...
                    X