banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD: First Meteora Style Build Coming Together!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: First Meteora Style Build Coming Together!

A while back, Rosser Guitars made me a special pair of his bass-sized "Meteora" style bodies, but set up for regular 6-string guitar (I'm a tall guy and the standard-sized body didn't look right on me).

Anyways, I just bolted the first one together with a new Fender Roadhouse Deluxe neck with a 12" radius, locking tuners, and some Billy Sheehan-inspired "inlay" decals. I rounded the square neck heel to take advantage of the newer Fender contoured neck plate. Pickups are a DiMarzio True Velvet T in the bridge and a True Velvet for Strat in the neck position. Bridge is a vintage Wilkinson USA Tele-style with steel locking saddles.

What do you think? I still need to do a final setup, but it's already a player!

Thats pretty badass right there.
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

I dig the Meteora body style.
      aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

I like everything (especially the bodies) except the Sheehan stickers -i mean they are ok, but a little loud for my tastes.
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
          I like everything (especially the bodies) except the Sheehan stickers -i mean they are ok, but a little loud for my tastes.
          I have a pair of custom necks with block inlays coming in from BYO Guitar. Assuming they turn out well, they will need still need nuts and finishing once they arrive in a few weeks. I might swap the neck out for one of those eventually, but I wanted to get this build up and running and the plain black dots on the stock Fender neck were simply too boring for this beast

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post

I have a pair of custom necks with block inlays coming in from BYO Guitar. Assuming they turn out well, they will need still need nuts and finishing once they arrive in a few weeks. I might swap the neck out for one of those eventually, but I wanted to get this build up and running and the plain black dots on the stock Fender neck were simply too boring for this beast
            Cool, i like the big ole' 70s necks. Fender made me a custom one 4 years ago that I had to wait 6 months for, but it was worth it.

Honestly I don't really use Fret inlays when playing (although blocking from the low string edge would be way more useful than center inlays or coming from the high string side)

-especially live standing up -I never even see my fretboard -I've got big hands and use side makers primarily when indexing myself.

“For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post

YES!

I am on-board with that guitar . . . it's super cool!
              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Cool guitar. I'd rock something like that as a baritone / down-tuned guitar.

Comment

Very nice, especially dig the Strat pu in the neck .
                    Originally posted by dominus
                    Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

It really is one of the more interesting Fender shapes in quite awhile.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I just remembered this video with Jim Root blindfolded trying to guess what the meteora was https://youtu.be/p-DKABDvozY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

That's really cool. I like that.

Comment

I think it would be really cool with a Quarter Pound in the bridge (I'm not familiar with the True Velvet).
                            Originally Posted by IanBallard
                            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
                              I think it would be really cool with a Quarter Pound in the bridge (I'm not familiar with the True Velvet).
                              The True Velvet T is a step up from DiMarzio's Twang King in output, but reportedly just as dynamic. I thought long and hard about staying with Duncan, but I've heard SO many good things about the True Velvet T, I wanted to give it a shot. I went with a True Velvet "Strat" pickup in the neck to give it better balance and stay true to the "single coil" theme

Comment

Working...
                              X