banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD: First Meteora Style Build Coming Together!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like it even more if the body was reversed.

Comment

That solid ash body is bound to sound great.
      Originally Posted by IanBallard
      Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
        I'd like it even more if the body was reversed.
        So, essentially a Fernandes Vertigo?

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post

So, essentially a Fernandes Vertigo?

OMG, that's ugly.
          Originally Posted by IanBallard
          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post

OMG, that's ugly.
            And terrible upper fret access!
            Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
            This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I wanted a Vertigo ever since I first saw one as a teen on the border of a chord poster. I thought it was so "edgy". Ended up getting an "Elite" version and was totally impressed by the sound and build quality, but I couldn't get rid of that guitar soon enough...I absolutely hated playing it!

The problem with the exaggerated, swoopy shape of the Vertigo is that you need a deep lower cut-away to get adequate upper-fret access. At that point, it just ends up looking like a hacked-up Explorer that someone left out in the summer heat to melt.

You run into similar issues if you try to reverse the Meteora...there's very little room to accomodate the lower bout and you end up killing off the fluid shape once you start trying to compensate with a lower horn that can keep adequate upper-fret access.

This is for you, Jolly!

Keep in mind, you'll need at least 28" baritone scale to accommodate the extra spacing between the pickups, but there's your "Reverse Meteora" shape!

Comment

Working...
              X