No announcement yet.

Allparts Telecaster tuners - any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allparts Telecaster tuners - any good?

Stopped by the local shop today for a variety of things, and they had a set of Telecaster tuners similar to this:

They look like drop in replacements for my partscaster, which has cheap tuners with a ton of play of them. Anyone have experience with Allparts branded tuners? They're made in Japan and feel okay, but don't have the same flashy reputation as Schaller and Grover and whatnot. But it's nice to support the local shop whenever possible.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
    http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Not sure but I got Guitar Fetish tuners for a friend's project he never used. I put them on my Tele 10 years ago and they are still kicking ass. I would highly suggest them for budget tuners.

Comment

Allparts makes tuners from cheap to high dollar. I don't think they sell junk.
      aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Spend 40 bucks on a set of Genuine Fender Classic slotted.

Fender Classic Tuning Machine Heads - Chrome https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N28FDW2...Q023HEXFFGJWKR

Comment

Kmise lockers for 20 or step up to cheap Gotohs
          "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

If the Allparts are MIJ they might be manufactured by Gotoh.
            "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

These days it doesn't matter what label is on the bag half the time.

Comment

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post
                If the Allparts are MIJ they might be manufactured by Gotoh.
                They do have "Japan" stamped on them. MIJ stuff generally has a good reputation, right?
                Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
                http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

MIJ is generally very good indeed.
                  Not just precise manufacturing but also quality control, since they still take pride in their product.

But plenty of cheap Chinese-made stuff says Made In America.
                  No doubt Chiinese factories are also producing goods marked Made In Japan.
                  Although IMO the lion's share of that probably is shipping to Japan rather than the US.

As ThreeChord pointed out, a brand label is no longer necessarily a guarantee of quality.
                  "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Working...
                  X